Noise cancelling in ear or on ear headphones at noisy places

Iam from India and need to buy headphones and need your help. I need budget headphones( 20 USD to 40 USD ) but the issue is i have a bit sensitive ears. so I want to listen at normal level or else it ill hurt my ears.The issue is as follows.

Public transport here (trains ) here are noisy. I want to listen to education videos while travelling and I do not want to increase the volume to prevent ear damage.

I have heard that noise cancellation "in ear " phones are better for noise cancellation and so one does not need to increase the volume . and they will be good for noisy places like a train.

On the other hand, noise cancellation "on ear" headphones do not prevent much noise and one needs to increase the music volume. So which will be a better choice for me. In ear or on ear ?

Also I need earphones with mic and i want the mic to work on laptop and smartphone too. Iam considering on ear sony MDR-XB450ap or in ear audiotechina cor 150is or in ear Sennheiser CX 275S
so pls guide which one to choose with the e above conditions mentioned in above paragraphs

What's your budget? I've been using Audio technica ATH-ANC23 for a few years now. It is really good - I've missed station announcements on the Kolkata metro & Mumbai locals a few times and got down one or two stations further from my destination.

Back