Nokia 5800 preloaded songs locked

zorg4u

Disciple
Hi Guys,
I bought Nokia Tube (5800) yesterday.

whenever I try to play any song, it asks "song is locked. Unlock now?". When I say "No", the song shows lock icon & cannot be played. If I say "yes", it opens browser window and does nothing.
I have not actived my GPRS. is it because of this?
Pls let me know how to overcome this? :huh:

Look into the box carefully...

with most nokia phones(I hope u bought it with bill ;) ) you will find a leaflet with "scratchable portion". , just like what is presentin recharge vouchers...

you have to send that hidden code to some no. (mostly 5555) by sms, and you will reecieve the activation codes for preloaded songs through sms....

it does work like that for most xpressmusic phones,

Fahrenheit said:
^i didnt have to do any such thing...

it worked out of the box for me too :)

but i had faced this same problem when i had my N73 Music Edition cell... none of the preloaded songs worked ...

anyways i deleted that preloaded crap and installed wat i like :)

i checked the box for something like that... couldn't find any. The mobile seemed flawed.. Today afternoon it suddenly started hanging while connecting to PC Suite. response to touch was horribly slow. I bought it from The mobile store. told him all the problems. convinced him to change the mobile... got a new one :hap2: he told its from the new lot. the old one was imported during dec'08. this one was jan'09 :).

coming to preloaded music. It initially showed the lock symbol but when i played, it ran fine and unlocked. so i guess no code is required to activate these songs.

Thanks for the replies. Hope things run fine here onwards!!!

I see. i guess i need to activate my GPRS to download the s/w or is there any way i could download to my pc, then update the firmware via usb?

ummm if you have WIFI u can connect using that and download it to ur cell phone or you can use Nokia's PC suite to check for updates...

i have 2 of them. both are with bill none came with the scratch thingy. where is it and how does it look. please let me know asap. thanks.

Back