Nokia 6265 data cables

tsk1979

Adept
Hi,
The manual with the phone says use CA-53 USB cable.
Many sites on the internet say that DKU-2 and CA-53 are one and the same.
Is it true.
In the local market(Nehru Place) you get DKU-2 cable but nobody has heard of CA-53.
If both are the same I will get aftermarket DKU-2 cable, otherwise I have no option but to get the CA-53 from Nokia dealer for whopping 1600rs.

thanks for the tip :)

Meanwhile I dug up the following

vB Easy Archive - FAQ1: Nokia Data / Connectivity Cables DKU-2 DKU-5 CA-42 CA-53

Fellow member, AirTango has a tip from the source at Nokia... the CA-53 is basically working in the same way like the DKU-2. So they are electrically identical but the material it uses, would meet the RoHS directive / material safety standard in EU (for more information, please refer to RoHS - Home ).

Meanwhile, fellow member, 'LilRedDog has claimed about the great experience with the CA-53 and suggested it does make a difference from the DKU-2 when doing wireless data connection with the compatible handset:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - ca-53 stomps dku-2

I got the DKU-2 data cable.

The phone works fine as a data storage device. But I am unable to connect the Nokia PC suite.

Any idea what could be the problem

Tried latest version of drivers, PC suite etc., etc.,

But it simple does not work!

One question for you though

When you connect your phone to PC, what does it say?

Mine asks a question "Connect in storage mode "(something like that). If I say "yes" phone works as an external storage device, if I say no it flashes "Data enhancement connected" once and then the normal screen.

Mine asks a question "Connect in storage mode "(something like that). If I say "yes" phone works as an external storage device, if I say no it flashes "Data enhancement connected" once and then the normal screen.

yup thats wat happens...in data enhancement mode the phone can used as a modem and shld be detected by nokia pc suite...r u sure u selecting the connection as 'cable' in pc suite?

yup I am.

Windows recognizes the phone and I can even do R-connect with it.

But the PC suite.. zilch.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling everything.

If it does not work, I will get a bluetooth dongle for my laptop. Any idea what are the transfer rates with bluetooth?

Back