Nokia 9300 Review

Nokia 9300 review
-----------------

sc002.jpg

sc001.jpg

Well I had the Pleasure of using the latest communicator 9300 from the finnish giant.
Here is a review::

Genre
-------
well Nokia has been making these pseudo PDA's called "communicators" fr the past 8 years.First we had the 9110,9210,9210i and now we have 9300 and 9500.
The communicators are a class apart from ur typical smartphones and are characterized by following features:

1)pencil box like design
2)full QWERTY keyboard

9300 is a sort of cut model of the famed 9500.With respect to the elder model It misses out on Wi-Fi and Camera.But other the that it is mostly similar.What's better is that It is smaller and lighter and much more usable then any previous communicator.

Build and Looks
The mobile measures 132*51*27 and weighs at around 170 gms.Way heavier then your average multimedia smartphone.But then having a full size keypad has it's own consequences too.

Besides this is easily the smallest communicator out there compared to 9210i and 9500. Treo 650 is smaller but then it has very small keys and smaller screen.
The phone has good build quality and the champagne-silver color combo looks very amazing.

the phone has two screens.Outer screen is same as your 6230. 128*128 65k Tft.

Good enough to see caller id and read messages.

The inner one is a huge 640*200 65k tft.
the inner screen is one of the many strengths of this phone.bright,clear and with a very wide view angle,it amazes you instantly.It shows offtext and icons with aplomb,however you will be out of luck viewing full screen images or videos,Thanx to rather strange combo of 640*200.
FEATURES
there are so many of them that it may be very difficult fr me to list out them all.I am using shrtcut way....

1)Viewing and editing "word documents and spreadsheets.
2)adobe acrobat reader fr mobile phones
3)a very beautiful Html browser(I think it is opera)
4)real player
5)stereo mp3 player
6)great onboard loudspeaker and speaker phone
7)great golf game
8)very extensive contacts diary
9)very good filemnager
10)bT,irda,edge class 10 with GPRS class 10
11)Fax
so that sums up just some of the features of 9300.Ofcourse u can install more apps and incease the functionality much more.

just fr the record It runs a procee at 150 MHz. But it is surely lackin in speed espacially when opening apps like smart movies and some other files on MMC.
The mp3 player is in stereo and sounds better then the one in 6630.
the phone's environment is controlled with the help of a joystick which functions much like a trackball but jumps from icon to icon.
however when using the HTML browser the joystick actualy becomes a full fledged trackball so that u can control a cursor the way u want.

Functionality

Actually most of the time u do not have to open the 9300 to use it.You can make and recieve calls,read and write sms's using the outer screen itself.
the phone has very good reception and sound quality.Ring volume is a average nothing great.
however Nokia has missed out on a Vibration unit.Also It is missing a T9 dictionary which could have made writing messages on outer screen so much better.
CONCLUsion

Nokia 9300 is not fr me. It does not have good enough games.It lacks a camera. and as far as PDA functionality is concerned I swear I have never used "Outlok express" or ANY "MS office" app n my PC,Let alone in a phone....... Fr a cool 28k people like me have a hell lot of cool options like n90,w800i etc.
However If u text a lot,if u view office documents on the move,If u are going to use the very good Browser, or maybe if u r rich enough to flaunt the communicator,this is the one to get.

Forget P910i and O2's. 9300 gives you a high unmatched by others.:cool2:
Yours fr 28k with bill and warranty.

Rating: 8/10
Pro's: fantabulous screen,relatively small,wonderful thumboard,good speakers
all connectivity except wi-fi

Con's: No camera,needs a touchscreen badly
WHERE IS T9?? Where is "vibration"???

some more points of interest

1)the phone comes wth 128 MB MMC and 80 MB int mem.
2)It comes with data cable and headset in the box.
3)970 LI-pol battery ,will last just a day if u whip that sweet a*s of a screen too much
4)the hinge is very sturdy and smooth! do not worry abt breaking it.
5)the buttons on the front panel lack depth.
6)The internal keyboard has a lot of double fonctions which are activated while keeping the "chr" keys pressd.This is absolutely wonderful.Espacially switching on bluetooth or changing the font size.

1)HTML Browser:
SHEET%20%288%29.0.jpeg

2)Smart movie app
SHEET%20%2811%29.0.jpeg

3)Bounce game(Full screen!!!!)
SHEET%20%286%29.0.jpeg

4)Desktop
SHEET%20%2810%29.0.jpeg

5)Adobe Reader
SHEET%20%283%29.jpeg

6)Contacts Diary
SHEET%20%282%29.jpeg

p.s. will be adding screenshots,Give me some time!

yeah nice review dude .... thread rated and repped .....

@bottle screenies working fine for me ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well some other screenshots are included n the zip below:: all full size

And thanx to all those encouraging comments guys,much appreciated...

aka.

Attachments

• screenshots.zip
    314.1 KB · Views: 159
Back