Nokia backup query

Nixy

Adept
I want to transfer the messages of "My Folder" from 1 phone to another. (N73 to E71)

No method seems to work. I tried to create a backup, and then apply that to the new phone, but the messages dont show up.

Neither can they be seen in File Manager.

The only possible way I could find is to transfer the msgs to Inbox thn transfer them. But I have several folder and the msgs would get mixed up. To backup 1 folder at a time is too tedious.

Is there any way out :huh:

if u try backup and restore on different phones via nokia PC suites it should work
may not the inital few times, cos i recently had the exact same problem but at repeated turns i finally managed it!

nishantgandhi said:
If both phones have Bluetooth, use the 'Switch' function.

Will try that.
salluks said:
if u try backup and restore on different phones via nokia PC suites it should work
may not the inital few times, cos i recently had the exact same problem but at repeated turns i finally managed it!

I did use the PC Suite, but dint work.
If it has to work, it will in the first attempt only...right ? Dont know how multiple attempts will make it work. :S

I suggest you copy the folder to your PC harddisk via file manager of your Nokia PC Suite.

Then attach the other phone and copy the folder back via the Nokia PC Suite in the same way.

This worked for me (but I was using Nokia S40 phones not S60 phones.)

salluks said:
i did for me, when u back up the green checks show for everything?

All the options were checked and the backup was successful.
hotshot05 said:
I suggest you copy the folder to your PC harddisk via file manager of your Nokia PC Suite.

Then attach the other phone and copy the folder back via the Nokia PC Suite in the same way.

This worked for me (but I was using Nokia S40 phones not S60 phones.)

The folder cannot be seen in the File Manager.

nishantgandhi said:
If both phones have Bluetooth, use the 'Switch' function.

'Switch' function worked. Thanks :hap2:

Thread Closed

hey niks why dont u backup the messeges to the pc via pc suite and then transfer it to new phone.

or try switch software in the tools folder.this happens through bluetooth.

Back