NOKIA C7 - Is it wise to buy it now ?

anfjavid

Skilled
Hello guys, So far have been thinking about buying the N8 after a couple of FW updates, but today came to know about the c7 which retails around 3.5k less than the N8. The only differences are the camera, inbuilt storage, HDMI port. But the N8 lacks the call and kill keys. So forgot the idea of going for N8 and now C7 is my only choice.

But even the C7 has its own set of issues which i came to know through the support discussions. Though phone completely failing is relatively low in C7 still the failure rates are not normal and dont know about software compatibility, etc.

So i have decided to wait for about 5 - 6 months. Is this a good decision or i can go ahead with the purchase of this gadget by Jan 2011, since i am expecting a price drop by that time ?.
Are the issues in C7 very noticeable ?

And one noob question.. Will touchscreen messaging be a herculean task for a person who is new to touchscreen devices ?. Having this doubt for a long time especially because i am not well verse with dictionary assisted texting. So far i am convenient only with dict. mode off because i have to use my mother tongue language sometimes.. So if i switch off dict. mode and sms in a touchscreen device, will it be easy as doing so in a qwerty device ??-

Plz advice guys... Fed up of my E71, but it is one among the best phones i have ever used in my life.

Thanx in advance

Cam on the C7 is nothing in comparison to the the N8... C7 touch "feels" better but is the same.. there are very few isolated cases n haven't heard of anyone with a failed N8 and i know a LOT of owners... its covered with the warranty anyways... how does the physical call n end key make a difference ? Thats the first time i've heard of someone basing his buying decision on it...

As for the firmware updates... you will be surprised by the kind of stuff which is coming up :) Exciting times on the Nokia front !

Got a C7 for me Wife a couple of weeks back (~19k).

So far it's what the 5800 should have been when launched. The cam quality is not comparable to the N8 but it's a lot sleeker and imo better looking. She moved from a e63 to this without any trouble.

The battery is better than my galaxy S and swype works just as well. I do miss Nokia's ovi suite & maps though... Samsung Kies is horrible!

Guys, currently i am owning E71 and its excellent with respect to document scanning, word applications (but screen is small though). Particularly for document scanning its amazing and it does a great job. I am expecting such a feature in the C7, because I am a lawyer by profession and document scanning is very important on the go. The scanned document should be clear without any blurring or fuzziness which can be easily read in the case of my E71..

Will the C7 serve this purpose ?. Because i read in a blog that if document scanning is not the users concern (apart from other things) then C7 is the best. On the other hand the N8 has some advanced camera features which will do doc. scanning good. Is this true ???

No ... don't even think about the C7 if you take document photos. The N8 is the way to go.....

The C7 has an EDOF cam which can't focus below 2-3 metres and so you will never be able to take a pic of documents.

Back