Nokia C7 or Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL..?

seenuguddu

Disciple
Hi

i am planning to buy the Nokia C7... my frnd suggestion is Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL

please , i need help in this which one u want me to pick this..

Thanks

@seenuguddu : Post your requirements, without your needs it would be difficult to suggest the phone that suits you better.
And without your requirements all we would get into is a Nokia Symbian 3 vs Android battle on this thread.

comp@ddict said:
Music phone, all games available for Symbian^3, fast simple UI... C7

Android, Apps, big mama screen... Galaxy SL
Music and all games available for Android as well.. and well loads of apps as already mentioned.

UI is a subjective thing and until Anna updates is out, for me android is better than Symbian 3.

Nokia does have UI animation GPU accelerated, better voice navigation and a higher MP camera at the same cost.

Music and all games available for Android as well.. and well loads of apps as already mentioned.

games, aha, havnt seen all available android games run on a 15k anrdroid phone

UI is a subjective thing and until Anna updates is out, for me android is better than Symbian 3.

i know personal opinion matches the general opinion here

C7 is a nice phone. But my advice would be not to buy anything from Nokia till they fix out all issues. The main problem I am pissed of with them is due to their Ovi store. It's been more than 5 months, and they are not doing anything about one important issue-we cannot purchase apps from the store. I emailed them 5 times already, and every time they reply saying that it will be fixed soon. If you are ok with what you get while purchasing from the shop, and do not expect any future improvements, go ahead, else stay clear from Symbian. I love the phone, but unfortunately, every time I look at it, I feel angry because nothing much is happening with it. Whatever updates they had recently promised (Symbian Anna) looks morel like icon changes with few minor improvements (compared to the updates Android is receiving). I bought the phone because of all the developments that was going on with Qt, but now I don't know what these Accenture and Digia folks are going to do with it. I am not sure about Galaxy SL, but my advice would be to stay away from C7 due to the lack of perceived support from Nokia.

Compared to most phones in market now, it's got outstanding hardware. The only thing I don't like is the lack of auto focus. I will never buy a phone without auto focus.

and do not expect any future improvements, go ahead, else stay clear from Symbian. I lov

I do expect a lot with PR2.0, PR2.5 and PR3.0

I will never buy a phone without auto focus.

yet nokia's full focus cameras shoot stunning images, please dont fall for the aut-focus monicker. not all autofocus cams are good just because of autofocus... there are a lot more criteria to decide.

Nokia seems to be running out of steam. Dont expect a newer and better firmware upgrades. You are just stuck with a phone. Also nokia does not seem to have a direction with it's OS.

Nokia is good with navigation software. Galaxy for everything else.

No comparisons imo. Galaxy SL anyday!

Although I may rather get HTC Desire because although Galaxy S will get updates, at least 2.3 or so, I dunno about SL and not much support for SL even in forums!

@ unni

Thanks for ur advice .. i have been fixed for buying the Nokia C7 .. but i have seen the - ve comments for Nokia C7 .. so i dropped .... i am nt sure whether it was relased in INDIA --- Nokia C7 Astound

u can compare between the Nokia C7 and Nokia C7 Astound and having the software Updates from the new release

Compare Devices

soo my mind has changed to Samsung and any one can give the suggestions for the Samsung and range has been fixed to 15K and extended to 17K.

with the Display large pixels for watching movies and browsing etc ....

Note:- i wont play Games and not fan of android

Thanks in Advance

Nokia C7 is nice device, AMOLED display, if you are okay with buying a Dying 'Symbian' device.

Othwewise Sammy's Galaxy SL, SLCD display (not anywhere near AMOLED). Also Moto Defy is another option but it has 800MHz prcessor where as Galaxy SL has 1GHz. Defy has LED Flsah, SGSL doesn't have.

Ugh.. okay , stop whining people. Give me one official source where Nokia has said that Symbian is going to die ? Its an open ended question... it will be phased out eventually but you dont buy a product on the basis of its fate two years from now.

Symbian is not dying ! If it makes you feel any better then i can give you a guarantee that you are going to get atleast two more BIG updates.

Anna is already known and a second one will be out later this year with a full UI change , even further performance improvements on the same hardware and more.

NOW make the choice. All the essential apps are already here (believe it or not)

@the person above who had problems with the Ovi Store : Nokia has an exclusivity deal with Reliance Telecom for three months for paid apps , frustrating i know. BUT , there are other alternate sources for apps too so you dont miss out much if at all ;)

Symbian is a long DEAD OS, 'Dying' is a understatement, why do you think they are going with Windows Phone 7 all of a sudden? Symbian updates? You mean more fancy new icons? :D Yeah right. Like I said C7 is a great hardware powerhouse but as for OS (bad OS cannot utilize the powerhouse anyway), nowhere near Android, not gonna be in the next 2 years.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

seenuguddu said:
@ unni

Thanks for ur advice .. i have been fixed for buying the Nokia C7 .. but i have seen the - ve comments for Nokia C7 .. so i dropped .... i am nt sure whether it was relased in INDIA --- Nokia C7 Astound

u can compare between the Nokia C7 and Nokia C7 Astound and having the software Updates from the new release

Compare Devices

soo my mind has changed to Samsung and any one can give the suggestions for the Samsung and range has been fixed to 15K and extended to 17K.

with the Display large pixels for watching movies and browsing etc ....

Note:- i wont play Games and not fan of android

Thanks in Advance
You might wanna check out Samsung Wave II if you wanna go for non-android Samsung device. Even better if you can get your hands on the original Samsung Wave which has AMOLED display.

comp@ddict said:
yet nokia's full focus cameras shoot stunning images, please dont fall for the aut-focus monicker. not all autofocus cams are good just because of autofocus... there are a lot more criteria to decide.

Then may be my photography skills are really bad :). I came to this conclusion about 'auto focus' after comparing the photos I took with my 5800 & C7. Many that were taken inside a room involving people didn't come properly in C7, same with the case of close ups when I tried to take photos of news items or gadgets. When I took photos of the same using 5800, they came good.

dhruvrock2000 said:
@the person above who had problems with the Ovi Store : Nokia has an exclusivity deal with Reliance Telecom for three months for paid apps , frustrating i know. BUT , there are other alternate sources for apps too so you dont miss out much if at all ;)
I am aware of their exclusivity with Reliance, and I don't think it's only for 3 months. If I remember correctly, I started writing to them in January itself. Based on the feedback I received from them, and based on the news I read about giving Symbian folks to Accenture and selling out Qt to Digia, I don't expect anything from them. Most probably you can expect the Nokia CC guys asking you to contact Accenture for any support :D.

Another thing that would be a factor in my purchasing decision is the lack of improvements in existing apps. For example, Skype and Fring added video calling support (Fring, 4 way I think) in Android and iOS versions, but no updates for Symbian.

As I had said in another thread, it's a beautiful phone. Unfortunately I can't even sell it because I feel that I would be cheating the person who buys it.

@dhruvrock2000: Please check your pm ;).

Back