Nokia E63 or E71

MohitPreet

Skilled
i want to buy a good e series phone

please tel me which i a good buy based on just a simple thing that it shud look a nice phone when held in hand

want to buy it for my Dad

he is a doctor and want to buy a phone that shud just be a nice high end phone

features and usability is not much of a criteria as he will not use most of the features of both the phones

i m more inclined towards the e63 as its a bit cheaper, has a 3,5mm audio port and is a new launch

as compared to e71 which has been on sale since a year.

still guys need a final decision from u people

or u can also recomend any other good high end phone from nokia stable

no touch screeens :p

Its upto you dude:) Here is the difference...

* The E63 has a colored plastic shell versus the E71’s metal one. The front is a metallic-finish, whilst the back cover is a soft-touch finish - both attract far few fingerprints than the E71’s.

* The E63 is nearly identical in dimensions to the E71 except for the depth - the E63 is around 1.5 times the depth of the E71.

* The E63 has a 3.5mm jack on top versus the E71’s 2.5mm jack on the side. This appears to be the first E-series to have a standard headphone socket - something normally saved for N-series.

* The E63 has no side buttons for volume or voice recording. It’s also missing the E71’s IR window.

* The E63 has a revised keyboard layout, adding a ‘/’ button on the lower row, shortening the space bar.

* The E63 appears to have a slightly smaller dimension screen although it is the same 320 by 240 pixels as the E71.

* The E63 lacks internal GPS.

* The E63 does not support HSDPA data.

* The E63 has the same 110 meg internal memory, but is shipped without an additional memory card (although a slot to add one is present).

* The E63 has a 2MP camera versus the E71’s 3.2MP and has a fixed focus.

* The E63 adds a flashlight function that allows the camera’s LED flash to be used as a torch.

* The E63 lacks the E71’s faux-leather slip case.

And here’s the key business features still present in the E63:

* WiFi

* 3G (there had been some rumours this was 2G only)

* Microsoft Exchange sync via MailForExchange

* Expandable memory

* Fast operation and stable S60 3rd Edition FP1 OS

* Pre-installed QuickOffice

* E-series security and encryption functions

* Huge 1500mAh battery

E63 looks exactly like the E71 but it is supposedly a toned down version of the E71 with no GPS and less mega pixel camera. There are also other functions that are not there in the E63 but are there in the E71. If you closely look at the specs of E63 they are pretty impressive and the phone exactly loks like E71. The 3G capability of the phone is as good as the E71. What it also lacks is the sleek looking metallic body of the E71. If you aks me, in Rs. 12,000 this phone is a sexy buy man, lloks like E71 has lotta cool functions, does not matter it it has plastic body. By launching this phone at a price point od Rs.12,000 Nokia has made sure that the company is all set to penetrate the mass market. If you ask me, Nokie did a pretty good thing by launching the E63, it will ne like those mass market N Series ohones in India like the N70, N72 and N73, which have penetrated the market really damn well. Well done Nokia or should I say well done E63?

IMO... If you decide to buy e71 then instead buy E71X... that's better version of E71...

I am not sure about it's availibility in india, just check before you buy

E71 is very sexy and slim business PDA.

this was one among many lost mobiles.

now using basic Nokia 1650.my parents aren't buying me costly mobiles any more:(

Successor of the Nokia E61i, the E71x has the same form-factor with landscape display and full QWERTY below. It now uses stainless steel, has narrower and slimmer body with redesigned keypad, features 3.2-megapixel camera and dual-band 3G.

Specs:

3G

Battery Life: 10.5 hours (630 mins) of Talk time, 408 hours (17 days) of Stand-by time

Bluetooth

Camera: 3.2 megapixels

Dimensions: 4.49 x 2.24 x 0.39 inches

Display: 16 777 216 colors, 320 x 240 pixels

Memory slot

Music player

Network: GSM Quad-band phone capable of global roaming ( 850/900/1800/1900 MHz) UMTS dual-band American 3G ( 850/1900 MHz)

Picture ID

Push to talk

Speakerphone

Weight: 4.48 oz

Wi-Fi

Review:)

from wat i can make out is that e71x is the all new black e71 which i think my mobile phone vendor showed me saying - paji this is the latest e71 in all black !!

lol, e71x is a rebadged e71 made for at&t which is basically a locked phone with some custom at&t apps not applicable to us.

i would go for the e71, which i already have.

btw, my dad has trouble using my phone because of the small keys. just make sure your dad doesn't need glasses to use this phone.

ok i didnt know

if the keypad of e71 is small shud i get the e63 whose keypad i have heard in so many reviews is better than e71 and better layed out too!!

MohitPreet said:
ok i didnt know
if the keypad of e71 is small shud i get the e63 whose keypad i have heard in so many reviews is better than e71 and better layed out too!!

the keyboard of both phones is almost same except for minor layout changes (/ key etc)

btw, in case u like small and slim phones, e55 which is upgrade to e51 with things like gps, 3.2mp camera is around 1 month away

Back