NOKIA handset + EDGDE enabled of highest class...in India!!!

sunandoghosh

Disciple
NOKIA handset + EDGDE enabled of highest class...in India!!!

Hi mobile geeks (as well as computer geeks)...

I am planning to purchase a NOKIA handset very soon may be in next 4-5 days...

WHAT I WANT:

a. MOST IMPORATNT MUST FEATURE:

The nokia handset must be EDGE enabled (not merely GPRS) and that too of highest class (those who r aware even EDGE and GPRS are of various classes like 3,4, 10 etc etc) available in India.

The above is the most important feature required and may be the only feature required apart from being bluettoth enabled.

b. Preferably (second requirement: imporatnt but not MUST):

bluetooth enabled.

MISCELLANEOUS:

All other features whether they r there or not does not matter to me in any way...if they r there good...if not no regrets....

As u must have understood I am planning to use internet access on computer through mobile office airtel through Nokia EDGE handset.
Please advice considering that two features

a. EDGE of highest class in India...AND
b. Bluetooth

must be present and COST should be minimum for above two features.

Rest features do not matter at all.

But yes if by spending more say rs 1000 or say rs 2000; i can get substantial other features than what i want...then please advise that also...

My budget is quite quite flexible but want something around rs 8000 - 10000 maximum (although its flexible and can be increased)...

---------------

Also which bluetooth dongle and bluetooth enabled headset is best...???? for the headset advised above by you..??????????

If you want to add something or suggest otherwise or for that matter anything please feel free to do so; so that informed decision making is possible.

Thanks as always for valuable insights and help.

Best regards

6680 is quite costly arnd 24k or so i believe kumar ! This guy has a budget of 8-10k ! 3230 can be had for 13-14k but comes with Edge class 5 ! 6630 is arnd 17-18k and supports edge class 10 ! 6230i is arnd 15k or less and supports edge class 10

KingKrool said:
Off topic: Blade, what is that cute little alien doll in ur avatar/siggy?
Looks like something from grim fandango actually.

It from one of my Fav wallpapers by ~l3dav1nc1. Chk this Link [RANK="www.deviantart.com/deviation/9070520/"]DA[/RANK]

@sunandogosh: This belongs in the portable section so moving it there !

6230 supports edge class 10..has bT and is for 10k
bluetooth dongle....see if u can find XMicro/MicroX...they r pretty good.
headset....zabra...nothing comes close...:D

Blade_Runner said:
6680 is quite costly arnd 24k or so i believe kumar ! This guy has a budget of 8-10k ! 3230 can be had for 13-14k but comes with Edge class 5 ! 6630 is arnd 17-18k and supports edge class 10 ! 6230i is arnd 15k or less and supports edge class 10
Oops thanks for pointing that out!

IMHO its not worth going for a <class 10 EDGE devices as only they can give u he speeds it offers.t.

For any other usefull info on mobiles try Russell Beattie's blog...IMO the best on this subjects:
http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/

Back