Nokia India starts E6-00 preorder @ 17,999

R0H!T

Adept
Hi,

Nokia India has started pre-order of Latest E-series device E6-00 (Anna preloaded) @ 18k :)

Nokia India - Nokia E6 smartphone with touch screen and QWERTY - Overview

When the price settles @15-16k in couple of months (or even less?) its going to be a killer device due to following key features -
- 1500mAh battery :hap2:
- Touch and type interface
- extremely high resolution screen aka retina display :p - no AMOLED though
- 8GB internal memory
- all the usual S^3 stuff like good SQ, codec support, 720p video recording, USB OTG etc.

Only MAJOR downside - 8Mp EDoF camera...bye bye document scans :(

Means that when X7-00 comes it will be upward of 23k as it was speculated. Also the screen size of this phone is tad too small at 2.5", especially after using the 3.2 incher 5230 and 3.5 inch ZTE Blade. Now cannot look at less than 3.5" screen size phones.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Tried it out a few days back.. i disagree. The screen size is almost perfect with the keypad.
Respect others' views Dhruv. Not all may concur to one's opinion. :)

The screen definitely looks small for a touchscreen phone and those who might have used smartphones with larger displays. That's just my opinion though.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Oh and that Retina Display looks GORGEOUS :D

Retina display? :S

dhruvrock2000 said:
Tried it out a few days back.. i disagree. The screen size is almost perfect with the keypad. Oh and that Retina Display looks GORGEOUS :D
Problem comes when one has used large screen phones. Ask any user here who is using SGS2 and tell them to go for a less screen phones with similar specs, they wouldn't i think. This is the primary reason i dropped my new phone purchase and selling of ZTE blade because even after selling it, i would have got a 3.2" c6-01 after paying 5-6 thousand over my selling price.

@Gannu : Sorry , didn't mean to troll. Just my opinion.. and not even coming as a Nokia fan.

Also .. this phone really ain't for the SGS2 buyers lol.. hell even if i get << which i'm planning to >> , this would be a secondary device after my N8 / E7. So.. different usage pattern actually.

Oh and regarding the retina display... yep this has the same or actually higher pixel density than the iPhone 4

640x480 pixels crammed into a 2.5" display = gorgeous display :D

@Dhruv

How is the keypad? Looking at the photos it seems that some space is wasted at the bottom. Is it comfortable for typing for someone who texts / chats a lot? I am thinking of buying this for my sister

Gannu said:
Retina display? :S
Same pixel density as IP4. 326ppi :) Anything over 300ppi is considered indifferentiable for human eye and hence retina display in apple terminology
Nokia E6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Nokia E72 vs. Nokia E6 - GSMArena.com

Its pretty good bump in multimedia and screen quality when compared to its predecessor E72.
If Nokia can maintain the build and keypad quality i think it will be a best seller among the bar shaped qwerty phone with long battery backup (Yup i am taking a dig at droid slider qwerty :p)
IINM this is among the most powerful h/w for this form factor.

RVK2488 said:
@Dhruv

How is the keypad? Looking at the photos it seems that some space is wasted at the bottom. Is it comfortable for typing for someone who texts / chats a lot? I am thinking of buying this for my sister

Very ! Clicky comfortable keys man... if i wasn't in love with the N8s camera , i would easily shift over just for the keyboard. As it stands, i might be getting this as a second device soon :)

Nokia E6 hands-on: First look - GSMArena.com

Build seems to excellent and keypad also seems to be similar to E5 (read very good)
Infact its has higher ppi than apple's display :p

First impressions
It’s been a while since last saw a hope for the Symbian OS. Nokia’s move to Windows Phone made everyone think it’s going nowhere. Well, it’s true that Symbian is a dead end, but there’s still potential and Symbian Anna promises to utilize it.

The Nokia E6 is a worthy successor of its QWERTY bar messengers and has everything to become a bestseller – one-of-a-kind touchscreen with high resolution, excellent build quality and keyboard, a capable hardware and camcorder plus the new Symbian Anna UI.

Just out of curiosity. Who exactly will buy this phone?

A normal user in that segment would buy a Bold at that price while a smart user would settle for an HTC Desire-Z (Saholic is selling it for 17k atm).

dhruvrock2000 said:
640x480 pixels crammed into a 2.5" display = gorgeous display

Not really. My previous phone also had a VGA screen on 2.8" display. Text looked absolutely amazing on the screen but thats about it.

RD274 said:
Just out of curiosity. Who exactly will buy this phone?

A normal user in that segment would buy a Bold at that price while a smart user would settle for an HTC Desire-Z (Saholic is selling it for 17k atm).

Not really. My previous phone also had a VGA screen on 2.8" display. Text looked absolutely amazing on the screen but thats about it.
Hmmm.. and well what advantage does a Bold have over this ? Just for discussion sake..

This does push mail , Office editing , VPN , Microsoft Communicator , Mail for Exchange AND damn good multimedia as well. I think its a pretty good phone.

Nothing, tbh I'm a BB hater. But the general population would go for the Bold over this simply because its a Blackberry unfortunately.

Alright.. the E6 has been pre ordered ! Not the wait for it begins :) Anyone else looking forward to it ? Been waiting for the E72 successor to hit for so long now.

@Dhruv you have pre ordered the phone? That's fast. My sister was asking about it. She currently has a N73 music edition. She was asking about Nokia E72 as her friend has one. She is not that techie. Lol I highly doubt she would even use it for social or any such things.

Please do a review when you get the phone. I for one would be interested. And the form factor is nothing over the top. Simple & elegant.

Lol.. thanks for that update Techpal :p But atleast the pre order guarantees me a phone on day 1 :)

@someone , sure man.. will definitely do a review of the phone ASAP. And i think at this price, you sis should seriously go for this one over the E72. I agree with you , the form factor is simple and good to look at :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update : Just got the call, phone shall be here today ! Pics up soon !

Back