Nokia Launching Virtual Music Store in India

vikramdeo

Disciple
Nokia is all gearing toward the launch of virtual music stores for the Indian consumers who use Nokia handsets. Nokia launched a similar service in UK and got a good response there and that is one of the reason they are replicating the offering here in India. The new music service will be altered as per the taste of music loving Indian users and will also be made available on low-end handsets. In UK, Nokia made this service available on the Nokia 5130 XpressMusic handset, which was recently launched in India.

Nokia India has already got into talks with leading music labels who have a presence in India including, Warner Brothers, Sony BMG, Universal Music and not to forget other leading Indian music labels. The service will be offered with a free one year subscription on select Nokia handsets. Good part is users can download and store unlimited songs and keep them for as long as they want. So what do you think, will this strategy of Nokia help them in getting more customers

Source of this news?

An announcement regarding Xpressmusic series is to happen tomorrow at 10A.M central European time according to The Nokia Blog.

I think this news is sure speculation.

vikramdeo said:
Yeah I nknow that tomorrow is an music related event. Nokia will be launching some XpressMusic handsets and one of them will be Nokia 5730 XpressMusic with slide out QWERTY keyboard.

The news above is entirely different and is not speculation. I have linked the new to the priginal source on my blog. The source is - Nokia in talks with content providers for virtual music stores - Corporate News - livemint.com

Live Mint is a reputed online news source.

You sure the 5730XM will be launched tomorrow?

I loved that phone after reading its review on Mobile-Review.
An Xpressmusic with a QWERTY keypad and wi-fi - perfect for me. I was looking forward to its launch in MWC 09 and was really sad when MWC 09 ended without its launch.

Hope its priced competitively - in the region of Rs.13-15k.

See nobody can be damn sure about all this. BUt yeah, Nokia 5730 will be launched. Some sources on the web have also confirmed this and I have spoken to someone who is close to Nokia and initially got the news from there, then yesterday, the name of the handsets cam on Engadget Mobile. Apart from 5730, Nokia 5330 and Nokia 5030 will be launched.

Back