Nokia Lumia 635 [No Contract GoPhone] for $29/ Rs. 2800

^^Mine too..
Already applied for unlock at the site mentioned...
need to wait for 2 days to receive the code (May be earlier)

but the phone great bang for buck...
Any idea for a good tempred glass protector?

^^Mine too..
Already applied for unlock at the site mentioned...
need to wait for 2 days to receive the code (May be earlier)

but the phone great bang for buck...
Any idea for a good tempred glass protector?

How did you find the AT&T mobile number which is required at the website?

Its G8 guys to find this useful. Missed the deal but hearty congrats on the new phone and hope the end users appreciate the phone.
Am planning to get similar phones for my old parents.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, especially xtremevicky's, but i bought this one as an upgrade to my lumia 520. Now the 520's only drawback maybe the lack of compass and maybe gorilla glass. But this POS doesn't have even a brightness or proximity sensors. Meaning no double tap to wake, or proper screen off during calls. I sold it off to a friend in a couple of hours. I was really looking forward to using this, especially because of the screen.
Damn it! i thought this one would at least have those sensors which were skimped on in the 630.

Also this deal btw is for the 512MB RAM model and not the 1GB which would be the main reason to go for it.

so the only difference appears to be LTE which isn't there in the 630.

Damn it! i thought this one would at least have those sensors which were skimped on in the 630.

Also this deal btw is for the 512MB RAM model and not the 1GB which would be the main reason to go for it.

so the only difference appears to be LTE which isn't there in the 630.

It's a good enough phone, but for people like me who need/want those sensors, it just won't do. Perfect for older and non-tech people. The friend who bought it from me gave it to his mom.

One thing about the AT&T versions is that they usually have LTE. For eg. my lumia 520 is the rm-915 vs the 914 which is sold in india. The BIG issue with this is ATT is pretty slow in releasing updates. The indian/international lumia 520 got the denim update but the ATT version is still on cyan. Denim is probably coming to the ATT 635, but i've pretty much given up on it for the 520. And cross-flashing a 914 rom to a 915 is not supposed to be working.

It's a good enough phone, but for people like me who need/want those sensors, it just won't do.
of course, they should be mandatory on every device. Such a boneheaded decision to leave them out.

Perfect for older and non-tech people. The friend who bought it from me gave it to his mom.
hmm, dont know about perfect. They just don't know better. Acceptable maybe.

One thing about the AT&T versions is that they usually have LTE. For eg. my lumia 520 is the rm-915 vs the 914 which is sold in india. The BIG issue with this is ATT is pretty slow in releasing updates. The indian/international lumia 520 got the denim update but the ATT version is still on cyan. Denim is probably coming to the ATT 635, but i've pretty much given up on it for the 520. And cross-flashing a 914 rom to a 915 is not supposed to be working.
good point, a carrier phone is not going to be punctual with updates if at all. if you don't care about that then ok but lumia is at a point where its essential. maybe a year or two out less so.

I wanted to ask how did you find the battery life on the 635 compared to the 520. But if you tossed it after half an hour you would not know. battery life from what i can tell is the only saving grace on this device. How that happens without a ambient light sensor turning down brightness i don't know.

Back