Nokia Lumia 920 and 820 prices revealed in Germany

If you follow prices of electronics in Europe, most of the stuff is generally at par or more expensive than the stuff available in India. So, it is quite illogical to do a direct conversion.

Secondly, the launch price is high for all products. For people abroad, the unlocked price without a contract is especially high - most people don't go that route.

Due to import duties and a general propensity towards being able to bear a higher price, electronics between US and EU seem to have a 1 USD ~= 1 Euro type of a pricing system.

iPhone 4S - US = $650, Germany = Euro 629
Nintendo Wii - US = $250, Germany = Euro 249
PS Vita - US = $250, Germany = Euro 250

Considering what the competition is usually priced at, I expect the 920 to sell at about $625 or so in the US. That makes it about INR 35k. Similarly, I think the 820 will be priced at around $475, about INR 26k.

That is what is surprising about people estimating $750-$800 for the Galaxy Note 2. I expect that to be priced less than $700 as well.

Why would somebody pay the same price for a nokia windows 8 phone when a much more stable competition is available at the same prices. Why give nokia a chance. Windows 8 is an unproven technology whereas android and Ios are tried and tested technologies. Also windows will not upgrade their 7.5 to 8 it is a clear indication as to the intentions of microsoft.

They want us to test their products with our money and then charge us for upgrades when they have upgraded their OS using our user experiences......

I like android much better free upgrades. I never had to ever pay for their OS

Back