Nokia N73 Vs Samsung D900

Guys now am a bit confused between Samsung D900 and N73.

The Samsungs screen blows away any nokia screen i have seen till date.

The colors are so rich and vivid on the D900 that it makes me take that phone
but it lacks a radio , symbian os and 3G.

Is 3G expected in India soon as the D900 has EDGE support.

Also wanted to ask the N73 or N73 ME users that has the screen brightness lessed with time as i have faced similar issues with my previous nokia phones.

Also D900 supports mpeg 4 out of the box , i require N73 to have Smart movie
installed to playback the mpeg4 videos.

Guys who havent seen D900 plz have a look at it and you will forget Nokia.

Only downer of D900 is its audio quality is not that gr8 as the N Series but its
not poor either , also no support for normal earphones jack i have to use its
stock earphones.

one more thing which i have to tell u guys is the D900 has a TV out Facility.
where you can view videos and photos on the TV from your D900.

D900 Reviews
Samsung D900 review | Samsung D900 reviews by consumers | UK best buys
Samsung SGH-D900 Review (MobileBurn)
Samsung D900 (Ultra Edition 12.9) Review - Mobile Phones
Samsung SGH-D900 GSM Phone Review

D900 is a great phone... but it doesn't stand up to the N73, hell it doesnt even stand upto K790i....

The screen i agree is much better.. samsung is always good in that... but otherwise... Camera,sound, UI.. everything is way better on N73 and K790i...
3G and EDGE are two diffrent things altogether btw...
3G is expected by the end of this year, with vodafone coming that may also come early...

Ive been using the N73 from 4 months now.. the screen is as crisp as new(Scratchguard protection :p)

Just my 2 cents.....buy video ipod for multimedia needs. Yah..you can pratically play any medium resolution of Xvid files on Smart movie, but it will downsized and frame rate will vary. For a screen just small size of a cell phone, approriate resolution with 15-20 frames are more than enough.

Hey quad
n73 has real player that plays mp4 video out of the box but they have to be properly encoded. . moreever even though samsung has a better screen it lacks proper processing power so you can forget playing high bitrate videos. .

the only place where d900 is good is the screen and to a certain extent the camera . . But it does not stand up to n73 ,even if you do not consider the smartphone function d900 loses badly. . N73 has better battery life, much better music player and speakers ,cheaper memory , more accessories , better resale value the list could go on. . . . .

aka911 said:
Hey quad
n73 has real player that plays mp4 video out of the box but they have to be properly encoded. . moreever even though samsung has a better screen it lacks proper processing power so you can forget playing high bitrate videos. .

It plays high bitrate videos flawlessly my cousin bro has a D900 and thats what made me crazy abt it.

maybe the defination of high bitrate differs for each... I convert files in AVI for smartmovie at 225kbps...and it works awesome in full screen 320x240 :D

today my bro just told me that the price of D900 has dropped from 22K to 13K and i was like wow.

but lets see i am reading more on N73.

Ice have u seen D900 and N73 side by side , also one more doubt are the icons on N73 having smooth

edges as i have seen the edges of the icons in a line line type format which i really hate.

I have played a 640Kbps MP4 - Xvid + Mp3 without any issues on Sumsung D900.

where has price dropped from 22k to 13k....i dont think i can to drop to 13k, can you please menton the price source with contact number

Hotstuff said:
where has price dropped from 22k to 13k....i dont think i can to drop to 13k, can you please menton the price source with contact number

My Bro just checkd Today at ALFA , IRLA Mumbai.
And there he was told 13K , well i am too shocked as how did this happen.

I havent gone and checked there personally , interested ppl can go there and confirm. :)

Go for Nokia N73

1. It has got a better camera

See for yourself:

Nokia N73 vs. Samsung D900 vs. SE K800: Photo samples - GSMArena.com

2. It has got S60 3rd edition

Checkout the range of softwares which you can put in it:

http://www.handango.com/SoftwareCatalog.jsp?platformId=4&osId=914&siteId=1&N=4294920363

3. It has got 3G

Airtel is coming up with 3G:

Single News Display

Other advantages over D900:

N73 has Light Censor (Keypad lights only come up the when phone is in dark)

N73 has HSCSD

N73 has infrared

N73 has Carl Zeiss lens

N73 is USB 2.0 compliant as compared to 1.1 of D900

yeah.. have seen the two side by side...and as for the icon edges..it depends on the theme u apply... most of the themes though comes with icons with smooth edges... :)

@quadmaster: dude can you post the contact no. of alpha...i need it desperately.... actually reps for anyone who posts the contact no. of Alpha

@Hotstuff - the price has come back again to 22K for the D900 , it was only for a few days.

BTW one more doubt , does the N73 become slower as the 2GB card is filled or with time.[noob doubt]:ashamed:

i got my N73 with 1GB card - 800mb filled, doesnt seem to slow down...only the gallery slows down in opening if there are too many pictures, but once it opens all the images are quick to access...

Back