Nokia N80/N73 Doubts

Hi Guys

I am thinking of getting a N80/N73 , but had some doubt.

It is mentioned that it has Mpeg 4 support , can it play nero digital files
As Samsung D900 mentiones Mpeg4 and it does play Nero Digital files

So wanted to ask the N80/N73 users and ND support.

Hmmm..N80 can record videos in mp4 format but if you can send me a small (<5MB) ND file, I can get it checked in a N80 & let u know..

Do u have Nero Burning software 6 with vision express 3 if yes u can convert

and video to nero digital using Nero Recode app.

but somehow i feel it wont play nero digital since its H.264 and currently only

samsung D900 supports it.

well the nero digital is a whole diff format and its unlike mp4

well to play videos on your fone u have to resize them to your phone screen width etc

also the videos on your comp would be much bigger and transferring to and fro will be a pain even if u manage to find a app that plays em

btw FYI smartmovie comes with a converter that converts any file(as long as u have system codecs) to a AVI that the phone can play and it isnt ur regular avi

edi:if u can push up ur budget 10k more wait and get the n95

N80 does support playback of avc files. . . So does n73 . . Other then that the inbuilt real player also plays mp4 with h263 video . . . Now is "avc" same as h264?
Btw k790 plays back h264 176*144 max.
dunno about d900 but it surely lacks processor power that video playback at higher bitrates require.

@ kumar
i have used both and sound level in both different DIVX player has much higher level of sound than smart movie player.

i read in T3 magzine, that N95 price would be 31500, it was in last month's edition. they had a little preview on N 95 in it

can someone pls guide me on video playback capacity of n73

like max bitrate .. and which codecs it supports .. also does it playback the divx/xvid files we play on our pc or it needs conversion to lower resolution .. ? someone pls help ..also does the real player plays all these files or we need smart movie /divx player ..

i tried both smart movie and divx player .. sound volume is louder in divx player .. also the smart movie is shareware ..:(

pls guide me on this ..:)

pisen said:
@ kumar
i have used both and sound level in both different DIVX player has much higher level of sound than smart movie player.

i read in T3 magzine, that N95 price would be 31500, it was in last month's edition. they had a little preview on N 95 in it

I read that issue to, but then saw a follow up somewhere else where the price was quoted as 39500...
31500 would make it awesome value for money. Except that sliders suck after around 6 months of use :p

IceFusion said:
well atleast wait for the N95 to be launched... i doubt it would be anything below 35k :)

Yeah the good thing is it'll fall after a couple of months and the N73ME will fall too...I feel it'll stablisise at around 19K

Back