Nokia N80

hi everyone
Although nokia N-series have been a hit through out india but i have not seen much N-80's in the market.Is there some problem with this set.
I was thinking of buying it or N-70 not music edition one.I would be buying it without bill so plz suggest me which would be more durable and good for long run(say about 1.5 years),the only thing i am afraid of is the N-80 sliding form factor, didnt have good expirence with my earlier 6270 whose slider mechanism got messed up twice an year.

Anyone here on TE having N-80 or those who have used it plz provide some info on it.Although i have read a lot of reviews of both of these but would like to confirm from TE members.

Thanks byeeeeeee

I've used the N80 and IMHO, its one of the best handsets available in the market. The screen quality is unmatched and the slider is not only cool but durable, so no issues there.. Its fully loaded when it comes to connectivity options and even has wi-fi, which works gr8 :)

The only cons of the phone:

* The video capture quality indoors in poor

* The battery runs out pretty fast..If you're a heavy user, you'll be recharging everyday!

I personally prefer the N80 over any other phone at this point in time but yes others would also ask you to have a look at the N73, which again is a very good phone, just not HOT enough IMHO.. :p

thanks AMD4Life
a local dealer is giving N-80 without bill of 16k, would that be a good deal.My budget is 16k for the handset not more than this so with bill is out of budget and could u tell me what problems u faced(if any) with N-80 in the handset and how is the sound quality in speakers and in headset.

thanks
byeeee

well there arent many of N80's around cause u get a bigger screen, a better camera and louder output in N73 which is cheaper than N80

The sound quality thru the speakers is indeed very very good..Infact thats the way I heard most of the songs when I did.. ;)

Am no audiophile but according to me, the sound quality with the headset is as good as any big-name dedicated music player..The equaliser options are helpful too..

As Ice said, the N73 has a bigger screen and a better camera but I don't think it has a louder output. Also, N80 is a tad cheaper at 18.5-19K (with bill) and a great looker too! :p

As far as the bill/no bill thing is concerned, its really your call..If its your trusted dealer, then you may choose to go without bill but I personally don't buy expensive things without bills.

id say the n73 is better. biger screen, better camera, slimmer, and it does have a louder output than n80.

the only thing is that n73 doesnt have wi-fi which the n80 does.

Back