Nokia X1-01 Review

NOKIA X1-01 Review

vXyYt.jpg

Nowadays we all need more than one-Sim to communicate with our friends and families. In recent times every mobile operator comes with some unique plan like 1paisa/2sec and many more. So if we use more than 1 Sim then, we can save lots of money to our monthly expenses.

While selecting a Dual-Sim phone we have to consider few things like Good powerful Battery, Dual-Standby, Dual-Active(Costs higher than basic Dual-Sim) and some basic features.

For the past few month I am looking for basic Dual-Sim phone@2K that will act as a backup phone with Nokia 5233.While searching on the website like flipkart and letsbuy, my eyes stopped at two handset, Samsung E1252 and Nokia X1-01.Samsung E1252 was better but its not available here in Kolkata. So I have no choice to consider Nokia X1-01.

The Nokia X1-01 is a bar phone with a weight of 91.05 grams. The TFT screen is 1.8 inches supporting 65K colors on 128×160 pixels resolution. The keyboard is alphanumeric and the phone supports Dual SIM with Dual Standby mode. Dual Standby mode is where both the SIM are active when the phone is on; all new Dual SIM handsets come with this option so you need not worry about this feature. It costs only 1.9K INR

The Nokia X1-01 is a budget music phone with build in music player that can play MP3 files. The phone also comes with FM Radio to keep you entertained anytime. The handset has 3 dedicated keys basically made to manage the play list. You can choose the shuffle mode to mix up the play list. Listen to your favorite music on the headset that can be connect to the 3.5mm audio jack or play it aloud on the build in speaker. On a single charge the Nokia X1-01 can play music for almost 36 hours.

Unboxing

UWhZV.jpg

55AGC.jpg

YXTBk.jpg

NrfuS.jpg

Specification

tVCG0.jpg

Advantage

# Dual-Sim, Dual-Standby GSM connectivity

# 1.8'' 65K Color screen

# Simple user interface

# Multiple-Phone Book Facility

# Mp3 player with dedicated music keys

# Hot-Swappable Micro-SD slot

# Very powerful speaker

# Stereo FM Radio

# 3.5 mm audio jacks

# 1430 mah powerful battery

# Flashlight

# 16GB expandable Micro-SD card

# Very strong body

# Nice keypad

# Very low price

Disadvantage

# No Gprs/Edge

# No Java support

# No homepage customization or wallpaper support

# No file management facility

# No data cable

Photographic Walk-through

YXTBk.jpg

f6pFJ.jpg

Dedicated keys

hgvqI.jpg

Flashlight

4PBN5.jpg

Memory card slot

7QxRg.jpg

3Vbhr.jpg

Menu grid

Z7upd.jpg

Music

ymAhv.jpg

UwqUd.jpg

dYDb6.jpg

0caIy.jpg

MRKQ6.jpg

OnHW8.jpg

JtIQK.jpg

Games

seua1.jpg

Nice Review. I do hate the glossy back of the phone!! :p Just one query:

Does the phone allow you to save Names with more than 20 characters??

I mean, can you save the name Ramakrishnan Balasubramaniam in the phonebook?? :p

Most lowend Nokia phones do not allow this but almost all Samsung phones allow this.

^ I think its character entry is restricted to just entering details on SIM card. The in-built phone memory contacts can have names with more characters. I can vouch for it cos i tried it on Nokia 2323c.

nehaladsul said:
Nice Review. I do hate the glossy back of the phone!! :p Just one query:

Does the phone allow you to save Names with more than 20 characters??

I mean, can you save the name Ramakrishnan Balasubramaniam in the phonebook?? :p

Most lowend Nokia phones do not allow this but almost all Samsung phones allow this.

No you can't :p

bbthumbhealer said:
^ I think its character entry is restricted to just entering details on SIM card. The in-built phone memory contacts can have names with more characters. I can vouch for it cos i tried it on Nokia 2323c.

^^ The 2323 Classic runs on the Series 40 OS and the X1-01 runs on the Series 30 OS. The limitation exists on the Series 30 OS only. I knew this already but just wanted to confirm if Nokia had left it as it is or upgraded it for a dual SIM phone like the X1-01. Unfortunately, they haven't! :(

Back