Nokia X7 Impressions

So.. I've been playing around with the Nokia X7 for a bit now. Quite an impressive phone actually. The Anna update is a major bump. The 4" AMOLED is also quite an impressive display. I've been making some videos showing off some features of the phone. Check them out here. I'll also keep adding my impressions.

The scrolling is ten times better now with anna update,hopefully the future updates will bring more performance upgrades, can we OC S^3 devices to 800Mhz-1Ghz like some other platforms?

Dhruv,

Can you post a video of portrait swype? Typing must be easier on the bigger screen particularly the qwerty portrait mode.
(sorry if you have already put it here...I cannot see the video links in office)
And from what I have read, the keyboard is not split screen in every app. Some apps still open a separate screen for text input :S

dhruvrock2000 said:
No you can't OC the phones but wait for further updates. The entire UI will be shifted to GPU acceleration. Should be extremely quick ;)
Quick like SGS or like ios/WP7? :p

@RS4 : Hmmm... can't say ;)

@RVK Will do so ASAP mate , haven't posted one with Swype yet. Good idea.

@m-jeri There are a few CFW's for the N8 , not sure about the X7.

nice review, symbian looks better now...

Maybe we will see a symbian anna theme in the "cm7 themes" section in xda soon.. ;)

@rvk : Here you go dude.. Portrait Swype on the X7. This will also come to the N8 / E7 / C6-01 after the Anna update. Works very very well as you'll notice.

Please let me know what all you want to see and know guys ! Especially those of you waiting for the Anna update.

yep me too tried this out @ mantri mall nokia priority bengaluru, real nice build and super smooth touch interface!! the screen and the metal build good, it is much better to look and hold than seems in the pictures. Tried a few games too....totally lag free. i think this will make a dent in the N8 sales!!!!;P

Is the Symbian Belle Heading to X7( In future) ?

I just wanna know that, coz My friend is really interested in this but like Symbian Belle UI very much... He wants to know if it gets updated/Should he wait?

wow! it really works very well as you said..

but why isn't that split screen?? :mad:

btw, did you practice it before recording? or was it the 1st take? :p

and what? :O u have CRay already??? $#@!$.... :mad: :mad:

Practice ? Lol , just took the cam and shot a video man.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Noticed that the calendar app has received quite a few improvements. It is now possible to have the to-do list alongside the regular month view. Small change but makes it much more useful !

Back