Non Android Phone at the 20K price point!

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a phone at the 20K price point.

Requirements

1 Multimedia Centric Phone

2 Capacitive Touch Screen (No QVGA res phones)

3 Atleast 5MP camera

4 OS - Non android

Thats pretty much it :D

Need help ASAP!

Note -Samsung Wave was my first choice but apparently, its not available anywhere in Karnataka as of now :(

PS - I have nothing against android, I love my HTC Legend, the phone is for my mom and she says my android is too complicated.

The best suggestion for you from me is to wait just a bit, add another 5k and get Nokia N8. It is the best non-android phone right now. You can pre-order this phone now at Nokia Priority store by paying 2k advance and the phone will be available on 15th of this month (25k-26k).

orangewrath said:
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a phone at the 20K price point.

Requirements

1 Multimedia Centric Phone

2 Capacitive Touch Screen (No QVGA res phones)

3 Atleast 5MP camera

4 OS - Non android

Thats pretty much it :D

Need help ASAP!

Note -Samsung Wave was my first choice but apparently, its not available anywhere in Karnataka as of now :(

PS - I have nothing against android, I love my HTC Legend, the phone is for my mom and she says my android is too complicated.

desiibond said:
The best suggestion for you from me is to wait just a bit, add another 5k and get Nokia N8. It is the best non-android phone right now. You can pre-order this phone now at Nokia Priority store by paying 2k advance and the phone will be available on 15th of this month (25k-26k).
Yeah, I was thinking of doing the same, will go and take a look at the N8's live demo today.

Saw the Live Demo, the phone is quite amazing. I heard from a few friends that the pre-book price is very much higher than the launch price, is this true? Is it wiser to wait for the official launch (Folks at the Nokia store say oct 14th) than pre-book it?

orangewrath said:
Saw the Live Demo, the phone is quite amazing. I heard from a few friends that the pre-book price is very much higher than the launch price, is this true? Is it wiser to wait for the official launch (Folks at the Nokia store say oct 14th) than pre-book it?
you need to pay 2k for pre-booking and then when the phone launhches, you will be paying the remaining amount of launch price. There is no price set right now, hence the 2k pre-order amoun.

are you sure samsung wave production stopped? I am planning to buy next month. Whats the reason they stopped the production? I can see many wave with the dealer in koramangla ,bangalore

Sorry for ot . Do you suggest to go for wave even its available in some places. How ss can stop the production if its selling so nice. What will be the support for bada for wave

vijaycool said:
are you sure samsung wave production stopped? I am planning to buy next month. Whats the reason they stopped the production? I can see many wave with the dealer in koramangla ,bangalore
Sorry for ot . Do you suggest to go for wave even its available in some places. How ss can stop the production if its selling so nice. What will be the support for bada for wave

I don't think the production has stopped. Also, couple of new Bada OS phones are coming out. Wave 2, Wave II blah blah blah. But the next batch of phones may not be as VFM as Wave. So, if you want to get one, get one now.

I am not sure how much user community support Bada OS has.

As for Samsung, don't expect much from them.

You can google for User community support (I support it should be fair as Wave has

been popular) and decide.

Just tried my luck in Bangalore they told the stock will arrive in 2-3 days.

I was waiting for my turn to buy Samsung spica but it was discontinued when I was about to buy. I was supposed to buy Wave next month but now discontinued . I called cafegadgets.in for the availablity of wave and they have stock. I made an order there and it will be shipped on Tuesday.

OT: I was talking to a flipkart guy as their office is on the next floor. He told me he will give wave in 5 mins once i place the order online. But now I need to wait atleast for a week to get my wave.

According to Univercell the Wave 1 is stopped, but according to other dealers there is just a shortage at the distributor level, but I heard that the main problem is the shortage in AMOLED screens and if the Wave 1 comes out it will have the S-LCD screen. Is this better or worse than the Super AMOLED?

Back