Monitors Non-glossy (matte) alternative for Dell S2240L

Stumbled here once http://versus.com/en/lg-led-ips-22"-vs-aoc-i2269vwm

I think it should not be trusted. I am getting 22MP56HQ for 8810 bucks and 23MP65HQ for 11225. And AOC I-2269VWM for 9545.

Cant wait for delivery from Flipkart. Planning to buy everything on Saturday. Will try to get 22MP56HQ or I will just get something else. Tired of putting my brain into it. The problem with Cost to Cost is, they have one product available today and tomorrow they don't. So everytime I visit one or another part is missing. (Specially SMPS and Case. Wanted K281 but may have to settle for N300.)

Guys,

I am also planning to buy LG 22mp55HQ from flipkart. But i am little concern about warranty issue in Mumbai since, i am buying it from flipkart. So, Is it safe to to buy it from flipkart? Let me know if there is any warranty issue if i buy it from flipkart..

Thanks!

Sadly 22MP55HQ has been discontinued, and have been replaced with 22MP56HQ. Will have to go with 23" then.

Any comments on AOC LED 22" (I-2269VWM) ?

I had got the AOC I2369VM. Its a 23" one. GOt it 1-2 months back. I am not expert in displays, but personally I find it decent and not too costly.
Was ok for both movies and gaming. Its a matte finish one.
Price is around 12k.
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/aoc-i2369vm-23-inch-ips/64215158
After buying, I had posted a minor review also in their site.
Had taken pictures and stuff while unboxing meaning to post a review here, never got the time :(

Guys,

I am also planning to buy LG 22mp55HQ from flipkart. But i am little concern about warranty issue in Mumbai since, i am buying it from flipkart. So, Is it safe to to buy it from flipkart? Let me know if there is any warranty issue if i buy it from flipkart..

Thanks!

It is 100% safe to buy from Flipkart. You will get warranty. LG has onsite service.

i am a fan of glossy screen .. as my usage is mostly in dim light and at night , mostly movies and games..

since you have used both can you tell me how much difference is their in picture quality between dell and lg ? i know both are IPS but the screen filter makes a lot of difference especially in blacks and dark colour, glossy screen gives much better eye popping contrast.. how much difference do you feel between both when viewing blacks and vibrant colours ? also in pics it shows lg has vesa mount .. is it right ? the only reason i am inclined towards lg is because of vesa

hope you answer it
thanks

i am a fan of glossy screen .. as my usage is mostly in dim light and at night , mostly movies and games..

since you have used both can you tell me how much difference is their in picture quality between dell and lg ? i know both are IPS but the screen filter makes a lot of difference especially in blacks and dark colour, glossy screen gives much better eye popping contrast.. how much difference do you feel between both when viewing blacks and vibrant colours ? also in pics it shows lg has vesa mount .. is it right ? the only reason i am inclined towards lg is because of vesa

hope you answer it
thanks

I haven't compared them side by side. I don't think there is any difference between the panels used in these two monitors. So really there is no difference in the picture quality. The only difference is rough surface vs smooth surface.

Screen filter makes only a very small difference in terms of picture quality, but it makes a big difference in terms of reflection.

Matte surface slightly washes out the colors & black levels when the glossy surface gives a sharper & better feel. But the issue is that the glossy surface also acts like a mirror. The glossy surface will reflect everything in front of it, especially in darker backgrounds. It will be really difficult to concentrate on what is there in the screen. Glossy screens are not at all suitable for work. Matte screens have very less reflection & it is suitable for work.

In my opinion matte finish is better for bigger screens like - PC monitors & televisions. Glossy is for small screens - tablets & mobiles.

Glossy screens might be ok for gaming & watching movies in dark rooms. But IPS glow can be an issue.

Also, the LG 22MP55HQ doesn't use PWM for backlight dimming. PWM can increase eye strain.
LG is VESA compatible.

Last edited:

hope you answer it
thanks

I just got a new Dell S2415H - Glossy AH-IPS monitor. I changed my mind after using it for some time. Glossy is AWESOME. Dell S2415H is pwm free too.

S2415H is a replacement for S2440L AMVA model. I think if you wait for sometime, Dell will release newer version of S2240 without PWM. Otherwise get S2415H

thanks a lot sir , yes i am going to wait now for a newer model of s2240l..

S2415h is out of my budget .. if i had that budget in mind then i would have gone for AOC D2367ph 3d ips monitor

I just got a new Dell S2415H - Glossy AH-IPS monitor. I changed my mind after using it for some time. Glossy is AWESOME. Dell S2415H is pwm free too.

S2415H is a replacement for S2440L AMVA model. I think if you wait for sometime, Dell will release newer version of S2240 without PWM. Otherwise get S2415H

Switched back to LG MP 55HQ. Glossy screen is causing eye strain.

Back