Audio Non IEM Earphone

Pernicious

Disciple
guys, please suggest some earphones which are not in ear.....Budget around a grand. Had an old thread, but people suggested only IEM's.
My usage is generally when I am travelling, in aeroplane and in train. Also in car at times. Bass should be good not a bass freak though, just normal. Sound clarity and quality should be nice. I actually don't want IEM's because I feel kinda vacuum in my ear's due to it LOL!

If you can stretch the budget by a grand, you can buy Sennheiser MX760 locally with warranty on eBay. But, it's a nice, balanced bud without much excesses = could be boring if you want some action.

Other good earbuds (I've read of) in the Senn line are MX471, MX580/581. Sunrise AS-Feeling for $40 is a good choice, but it's not available widely (AS-Charm is $80, requires an amp). It's available from Bugden Audio (Sunrise Audio AS-Feeling - Sunrise Audio Earbuds | Bugden Audio), but shipping costs could take them out of the VFM category.

Yuin earbuds are very popular among Head-fiers. PK3 as suggested by chiron can be considered.

But considering that you want it mostly for use during travel, won't you be better off with the isolation IEMs provide? It's fine if you want music as a background, but still want to hear everything. But if you want to listen to music, you'll end up increasing the volume which is harmful to the ears in the long-term.

Edit: If you want to research on head-fi, check out posts by kjk1281, clieOS (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/441400/earbuds-round-up). There are a few others, but I'd give more weight to these two.

Well nice suggestion @ above, but all are I guess above my budget :/

I have used the MX160, and liked it a lot, Costed around 500 bucks, and I didn't get any warranty I guess, because no bill.... :/ Any-ways, it died well it still works but when the audio has bass in it the bass cracks...like the speaker has burst! lol.

I would like anything around the performance of MX 160, I have seen 160, 260, 360 and 460 in the MX line available at ebay, prices varying from 450 to well over a grand. I don't find any difference in the headphones apart from colors lol, no spec difference also. Can anyone enlighten me on that?

Also have a look at Sony MDRE818 LP , I've been using one for 4yrs now and it's still doing great. Just get a large amount of ear cushion when you get ear buds.

These sound excellent they can even produce a lot of bass.

Sorry corrected the model number, yes it's still available here's the link.

These would be a bit harsh on your ear and start paining after 1.2-2hrs. But the sound they give is amazing so I still use them.

Few weeks back i got Sennheiser LX 90 Style and i like it very much. The sound clarity is good and very natural. I find it very comfortable to wear, they don't come off your ears and u won't feel the weight.

guys... is the PL 11 same as the PL 30 without the live bass? And I have seen that many users prefer PL 21 over PL 30 @ head-fi. what are your opinions?

Back