Noob needs help to play multiplayer online games

Nishu

Adept
Hi guys I played Many games but didnt paly any game online.
I didnt even play CS 1.6 online since i didnt have Internet connection.
But now i got myself a 1MBPS connection. :D

So i am thinking to join the Mutiplayer online world.
But i am a total noob when it comes to online gaming. :p
I searched a bit on google and came to know that to play any game online we need clients like steam,hamachi etc.

but still i am all messed up so need help from you guys.

i need total step by step guide.

So please guys help me so that i can join u people in BF3,crysis 2 and many other games online. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

To the Mods: I am extremely sorry that there is some spelling mistakes in title of my post
So can any mod change it to Multiplayer instead of Myltuplayer.

Re: Noob needs help to play Myltuplayer online Games

With the system in your system I suggest you try Counter strike and Urban terror. Urban terror is free. Which Internet connection (ISP) do you have?

1) Download and install steam from here Welcome to Steam

2) Create a account

3) Get the free Team Fortress 2 (Free to play) - Its a 8-9 gb game so wait for it to complete download or

Buy CS Anthology Pack for Counter Strike 1.6 and CZ and install them

It will update in case of CS too and would be 3-4 hours before you can play online

4) Launch the game you want

5) Find servers

6) Sort according to latency

7) Join servers with latency below 50 for CS and around 100 or less for team fortress 2

8) Play and enjoy

Forget steam and other clients dude. just google "AVIARA.RO". you'll find modified cs source game and few other games.. Totally free and lot of online activity.
Just download, install thats it. Go n PLAY.

Since you are new to online multiplayer and haven't said anything about what games you have already played, please be informed that you need to buy most of the games (original copies, not the pirated dvd's :) ) to play online. If you are ready to spend some money we can tell you where to the games at the cheapest rate. For starters, here's how to get CS 1.6 for cheap :

1. Buy Counterstrike Anthology pack from Flipkart
Flipkart.com: Counter Strike 1: Anthology: Game: PC

2. Install Steam client from Welcome to Steam or from the CS DVD

3. Steam will update itself, it may take a while.

4. Install CS 1.6, you will be asked to enter the CD-Key in Steam. CS will update itself too.

Launch CS from Steam Library, google up some Indian servers and have fun.

1762vijay said:
Forget steam and other clients dude. just google "AVIARA.RO". you'll find modified cs source game and few other games.. Totally free and lot of online activity.

Just download, install thats it. Go n PLAY.

For multiplayer if you forget steam and other clients and pirate all you get are sad servers and really crap Multiplayer... No achievements to get, not much players, no support for upgrades...

And I am not talking about map after map of CS... thats kinda outdated now... You have newer weapons, upgrades, maps, achievements that clients are a must now...

what kind of games do you like?

try league of legends, very competetive and free and easy to set up..

sorry for crapping but is there any game which can be played with high ping like 500+

i have a good download speed but really bad upload speed and ping

i mostly play shooting games

Sorry that i didnt change (update) My sig.
my current confiuration is as follow:
AMD phenom 2x4 955 BE
MSI Cyclone HD6850

I am ready to buy legit copies only for multiplayer and some games which have good deal.

Mostly i am interested in FPS when it is multiplayer.
And also how can i join you guys in TE clan or server and do i have to pay in order to play in server.

My connection is 1 mbps and provider is Beamtele.

I already have CS 1.6.
I am thinking of going for this game pack which includes team fortress 2 .

Flipkart.com: The Orange Box: Game: PC

so can i play TF2 online in above pack with downloading because i dont want to download 8gb file as iam impatient.

The Orange box tf2 install would still need another few gbs of updates to be able to play online .... Valve changes that game a lot which makes it more and more fun

kartikoli said:
sorry for crapping but is there any game which can be played with high ping like 500+

i have a good download speed but really bad upload speed and ping

U cant expect to play fps games with such high pings ( some game servers kick people above 250 ms ping ). Strategy games might be your best bet.. Even DotA style games are a stretch but possible.

You can also try Battlefield Bad Company 2, it's a great online experience, although low ping servers from India are few. It was on sale at Flipkart, but is out of stock now. You can't escape game updates from Steam, even if you install from dvd you will have to download a few more GB's to start playing. Then there are the online co-op games, Left 4 Dead and Borderlands. Both available cheaply in India. But get them only you have friends online who are prepared to play them with you.

OK guys thanks for your help ,max doubts have cleard.

But one last thing does it cost to play on servers.

And aso suggest some online sites where i can get good deals and discounts. :)

Unless you play games which have a monthly subscription like World of Warcraft multiplayer gaming is free... You pay for the bandwidth though

Since you are on beam, switch to the 10mbps plan for a month. it will cost you just 400 bucks more. then download all the games you want to play. Switch back to your old plan next month.

Nishu said:
And aso suggest some online sites where i can get good deals and discounts. :)

Flipkart.com has some good discounts on games, and their service is top notch. But for the really big discounts, wait for the Steam Thanksgiving sale which should start from today. If it doesn't start today there will be a Christmas sale for sure. Steam sales are big. They offer discounts on all publishers for 5 days/7 days and also have daily sales for specific games which range from 60-80% off.

krugur said:
U cant expect to play fps games with such high pings ( some game servers kick people above 250 ms ping ). Strategy games might be your best bet.. Even DotA style games are a stretch but possible.
just now tested my ping ... its 280~ 300

Back