OC & Modding noob OC query

vicente

Disciple
As my sig suggests, I managed to OC my system to max possible settings with Nv system tools(el cheapo mobo bios dont come with oc options).
I reduced the HT setting in the bios to 800 to start with and used system tool to set
AMD 4000X2 - default 2100MHZ to 2625MHZ (stock cooler)
Transcend 2 X 1GB 667MHZ DDR2 to 832MHZ|
Stress tested with Orthos. And used ASUS pc probe to monitor temps

idle cpu=38,mobo=36
load cpu=55 with orthos, mobo=40

From what i gather, the OC looks safe. Or am i missing something - like is there anything else besides temps and stability in stress tests that I may have overlooked and that could potentially harm the machine?
Note that I have Cool n Quiet enabled. Does this really hurt performance?

That sounds to be a nice overclock on stock heatsink, btw for how long did u run orthos? I would suggest you run OCCT default test just to be sure. Also do some passes with default tests from memtest86, for checking memory stability!

i_max2k2 said:
That sounds to be a nice overclock on stock heatsink, btw for how long did u run orthos? I would suggest you run OCCT default test just to be sure. Also do some passes with default tests from memtest86, for checking memory stability!

ran orthos for 10 mins maybe. OCCT default test ran fine too.
How do i run memtest86? I downloaded a zip file, it has 4 files, 2 among them are rawrite.exe and install.bat

vicente said:
ran orthos for 10 mins maybe. OCCT default test ran fine too.
How do i run memtest86? I downloaded a zip file, it has 4 files, 2 among them are rawrite.exe and install.bat
For orthos you should run it atleast for 6-12hrs for confirming stability, or run Orthos for 1hr, after which it will tell u its stable.

Fro memtest did you download the disk version or windows installation?

Back