[NOOB]Xbox 360 softmodding?

ShawnZer

Disciple
i plan to buy an xbox 360 slim this march and i want to know if softmodding is possible(like the CFW for PSP 3004),or if it is not, how to do the DVD drive flashing thing? a guide or walkthrough would be helpful
if it would allow standard live connectivity is also welcome,i am looking to play *backup* games directly from HDD

Playing *backup* games from HDD is only possible via JTAG or RGH .... both of which are tricky hardware mods sadly and also require compatible dashboards and motherboards.

For the software mods like LT+, you will still need a compatible motherboard/dash and depending on the dvd drive you may need to flash the dvd drive using a hardware tool like C3K Pro and your PC. Furthermore, LT+ isn't compatible with newer XDG3 games (8.7gb in size) so you will need a special burner that can burn to that size (Liteon iHas series mainly) and special discs (Verbatims Singapore) to burn certain *backups*.

Pardon me if I've got anything wrong. I'm new to this too and its far more trickier than the PSP or PS3 which have simple requirments for soft modding.

Back