Other Nook vs Kindle

Hey guys.Looking for some info on nook simple touch vs kindle (no paperwhite).Which is better??I read that nook runs android and can be rooted and kindle app can be installed.So is it better??

There are plenty of YouTube videos comparing the two. I like Nook Simple Touch better than Kindle WiFi as page turns are faster and its easy to navigate around compared to Kindle which has buttons but looks wise Kindle > Nook Simple Touch

also

Kindle PaperWhite > Nook but 11k is not warranted especially for old version of Kindle PaperWhite

There are plenty of YouTube videos comparing the two. I like Nook Simple Touch better than Kindle WiFi as page turns are faster and its easy to navigate around compared to Kindle which has buttons but looks wise Kindle > Nook Simple Touch

also

Kindle PaperWhite > Nook but 11k is not warranted especially for old version of Kindle PaperWhite
I don't think I need backlit screen.and its expensive.besides I can root nook and install kindle app if required.and also newspaper apps n stuff.it will offer all round performance.

I own a Nook Simple Touch and I absolutely love it. I chose Nook over Kindle because Nook has touch screen, support for ePUB, expandable memory via micro SD card, better user experience and better ergonomics. Also you can convert Kindle's mobi and azw3 formats to ePUB using Calibre.

You might want to check out Kobo as well. Maybe you can source one from abroad. I thought Kobo was better and cheaper than both Kindle and Nook. Kobo Mini is just going for $50 these days.

You might want to check out Kobo as well. Maybe you can source one from abroad. I thought Kobo was better and cheaper than both Kindle and Nook. Kobo Mini is just going for $50 these days.
No kobo.it will turn out to be expensive if imported.and its only 5".I am inclined towards nook due to ability to root and install play store apps

When talking about simple touch Nook is better (Epub!). Both have same PPI screen although on paper Kindle has higher mAh battery.
http://www.muses3.com/eReaders_Tablets_2012.pdf

For the glowlight Paperwhite is better (higher resolution.. evenly spread backlight)
I have the (last gen) paperwhite and one appreciates the benefit of being able to read comfortably in bed with lights out. As you grow drowsy.. just switch off and sleep :)

Anyone have any opinions on the Kindle Paperwhite vs. The Nook? Amazon.in has the 10% cashback on Citibank cards going on that I can avail so the price comes to a little less than 10k. Ebay has the Nook simple touch for about 6k.

Also, can anyone confirm if the Kindle sold on Amazon.in is the one without ads? And the current year model, not the last gen?

got my nook touch in hands two days back. Its a piece really!
My friend already has kindle touch and we had nook touch also in hand.
Here's the comparison.
Kindle looks cheap before nook. Kindle is all plastic, nook has smooth rubber coating.
Nook is more easy to handle. It has buttons on on both sides. So you need not to touch screen while holding nook with one hand. you can easily press a button with thumb for the next page.
I rooted my nook, installed a custom kernel and other apps (moon+reader/ebookdroid/colordict/text editor/little drawing tool/timer/etc) and reassigned functions for buttons. Its an amazin device now. Simply amazing. Way beyond what one can imagine. Check xda.

This is my comparison between kindle touch & nook touch. I haven't seen any paperwhite/glowlight version so can't say anything about them.
But again one thing, I didn't buy nook glowlight as people are complaining about its screen. Its screen is too fragile.

Last edited:
got my nook touch in hands two days back. Its a piece really!
My friendly already has kindle touch and we had nook touch also in hand.
Here's the comparison.
Kindle looks cheap before nook. Kindle is all plastic, nook has smooth rubber coating.
Nook is more easy to handle. It has buttons on on both sides. So you need not to touch screen while holding nook with one hand. you can easily press a button with thumb for the next page.
I rooted my nook, installed a custom kernel and other apps (moon+reader/ebookdroid/colordict/text editor/little drawing tool/timer/etc) and reassigned functions for buttons. Its an amazin device now. Simply amazing. Way beyond what one can imagine. Check xda.

This is my views between kindle touch & nook touch. I haven't seen any paperwhite/glowlight version so can't say anything about them.
But again one thing, I didn't buy nook glowlight as people are complaining about its screen. Its screen is too fragile.

Can you confirm if news apps like ET work after rooting??Its one of the reasons i am gonna buy nook.

Back