Norton 360

falcon-q

Disciple
I just bought a new PC. Although it's preinstalled with a free antivirus software, I'm not confident of it. I did a search on the net and found good reviews on Norton 360.

Any of you guys use Norton 360? Is it really as it is in the reviews and is it worth the money?

AVG is having somewhat loose protection against viruses. i was having AVG home edition installed and boom!! my MBR was corrupt within a month. so i am stuck with AvIra the best i am using since 3-4 years

falcon-q said:
I just bought a new PC. Although it's preinstalled with a free antivirus software, I'm not confident of it. I did a search on the net and found good reviews on Norton 360.

Any of you guys use Norton 360? Is it really as it is in the reviews and is it worth the money?

Just got one ma'self a couple of days agao. Norton 360 is a powerhouse for an online security powerhouse. Its worth every penny u saved to get this. Well worth it. Definitely not a bloatware who some people claimed to be!

falcon-q said:

Norton 360 is a powerhouse for an online security powerhouse. Its worth every penny u saved to get this. Well worth it. Definitely not a bloatware who some people claimed to be

Norton is bad ... no matter what other people claim ... u'd be lucky not to learn it the hard way ...

Use NOD32 or AntiVir or AVG ... lite and powerful ..

Thanks for the replies guys!

Hmm, the reviews I read did mention the fact that the new Norton products have improved greatly when compared to their old ones.

Are you guys talking about the old Norton products or the new ones??

Wierd how it seems that Norton doesn't have that many fans when it's the most popular internet security and firewall software on CNET.

I don't get it?

Microsoft is very popular..dosent nessesarily mean its the best around .

just like that .

i have gone the free avast way... i am happy with my choice . :)

falcon-q said:
Wierd how it seems that Norton doesn't have that many fans when it's the most popular internet security and firewall software on CNET.

I don't get it?

Well I'm not sure whether Norton had that many fans or not. But one thing I'm sureabout is that the new Norton 360 is the best security suite so far. Contrary to what others say, it is one of the lightest in terms of system resources and very intuitive.

ps - yeah there are many positive reviews about norton in many IT sites, not only CNET.

Got this from an interesting review in PC Gamer (May 2007).

"Which brings us, briefly, on to the other problem with anti-virus software. It's famed for being riddled with bugs and using too many system resources. Kevin Hogan, Director of Symantec Security Response, told us that the team behind Norton Internet Security is "constantly trying to minimise the load that our software has on a system. To achieve this we develop new, slimmer scan techniques to increase the overall performance." A quick glance at our benchmark table shows that issue has been pretty much solved."

PC GAMER FTW!

SharekhaN said:
Microsoft is very popular..dosent nessesarily mean its the best around .
just like that .

i have gone the free avast way... i am happy with my choice . :)
Same here Using registered Avast since last six months...:) and it's really good.

Pretty much all the anti-virus suites suck! Norton, Kaspersky and even NOD just chew into resouirces.
Symantec has however improved on their resource usage from what was seem a few years back.

Back