Norton Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueOrb

Disciple
ive been using norton ghost 2004 for like 3-4 months ..... damn its the best thing thats happened to me ...... i have all my s\w istalled with all custom setting and all burnt on 3 cds ..... so whenever i need to format just pop in the cd and within 8-9 mins i have a newly formatted drive with everthin installed just like i want them to be ...... it even keeps a track of all registry setting and the services u disable for efficient performance and all .....

simple to use, easy to understand, and very effective

i would rate it 4 on a scale of 5 ....

:cool2:

Ya , the guy is right it..but if em not wrong it comes at a price....

If somebody is looking to buy it here u go through the specifications before u buy to suiit their needs

Key Technologies

* Creates full system and file backups

* Restores from system failures

* Saves recovery points to offsite locations

* Symantec ThreatCon integration*

Features

* Full system backup (disk image)—Backs up everything on a hard drive or partition.

* File and folder backup—Backs up only the specific files and folders you choose rather than saving an entire drive.

* FTP backup—Copies recovery points to a FTP site for easier offsite backup management. NEW

* Offsite backup—backs up your files to NAS (Network-Attached Storage) devices. NEW

* Symantec ThreatCon integration— triggers incremental backups whenever ThreatCon reaches a specified threat level. Great for computers without virus protection. NEW

* Incremental and differential backup—Backs up only files that have changed.

* EXCLUSIVE! Google Desktop™ integration—Makes data recovery even faster with searchable backup indexes.

* LightsOut Restore—Restores your system with an on-disk software recovery environment—no bootable CD required.

* EXCLUSIVE!: Remote management—Controls other Norton Ghost installations (12.0 or higher) on your local area network.

* Advanced compression and encryption—Minimizes storage space and helps keep sensitive documents safe.

[mod] Do not bump very old threads. [/mod]

I've been using Norton Ghost at the office for quite some years now. However, if you want a tiny, lightweight, free solution to do much the same thing, your answer is DriveImageXml. Not as user friendly as NG but does the job well enough if you know how to go about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back