Not able to connect desktop to wifi network

saurabh.

Disciple
hello,
I have problem connecting my desktop to wifi network. I have a wireless network at home (wired broadband connected to wifi router). earlier desktop and router were at same location, connected via ether-net cable.
everything was working fine. but due to some reason, I had to shift the desktop in another room. distance between router and PC is approx 10ft & there is one thin wall in between. for connecting them, I decided to buy a wifi card for desktop. ordered a wifi USB adapter (TP link TL-WN725N) but it did not detect any network. so I thought it is faulty unit and returned it. later, I bought wifi pci card (dlink DWA-525). but again no network was detected. i tried re-installing drivers, restarting pc and updating drivers but still no network was detected. I even kept router near pc to check whether it is a range problem. but still nothing was detected. tried searching solution on internet but did not get any. BTW my phone and tablet detect the same network without any problem. can anybody please help? (pc has windows 7 64 bit installed on it. router model is TP-Link TD-W8901N)

thanks. tried all channels but still no luck. I am surprised to see that my phone or tab easily connect with network on any channel but this card does not show anything. I am accessing internet on pc via usb tethering.

no it does not see any network.

yes already tried that. that too was not detected.

Then it is a bad card. To confirm once more, try it somewhere else. On another computer. If possible. Though it seems weird: you got a dead USB Wi Fi plug, and now a bad card too. Is your computer's hardware manager correctly recognizes the PCI card. With all drivers installed.

Then it is a bad card. To confirm once more, try it somewhere else. On another computer. If possible. Though it seems weird: you got a dead USB Wi Fi plug, and now a bad card too. Is your computer's hardware manager correctly recognizes the PCI card. With all drivers installed.
pci slot is working. because previously I had LAN card installed in the same slot. and card is visible in device manager. I have uninstalled drivers few times and after reboot, system recognizes card and automatically installs drivers. I too think issue must be something else because earlier I had installed usb adapter which also did not detect any network. Also tried booting in safe mode but still no luck.

Back