Not able to Play CS 1.6 on Windows 7 64bit

Hello, I have a strange problem on my Windows 7 64 bit and I cannot run counter strike 1.6 on it. When I try to run the game I got a message " available memory less than 15 MB". :mad: :mad:

Can enyone please help me. I went to compatibility but it still shows the same problem. Please someone help me to fix the problem

:( :(

Please check my siggi for my config.

One more question. Games does not work on 64 bit?

i had same problem with windows xp 64 bit, and it worked out when i applied the latest patch, m assuming u are using the non-steam version...apply patch such as V28 or above and you should be fine...

Windows 7 sucks @ gaming as of now... it takes ~4-5 mins to start crysis + switching to desktop takes one minute and finally hangs up. Mirrors edge gives me a feeling that i've downgraded my GFX ! Though h.a.w.x plays fine but still its not really a hi-end game.

AFAIK, CS:Source played fine.

iam also running windows 7 64bit build 7000... everything is working perfectly alright..... its almost running as good as windows xp..... performance wise theres no issues at all... iam running counterstrike 1.6 non steam version and it works perfectly... i jus had to change the compatibility to xp in the properties and please dont forget to put a check on the run as administrator box.... only after i did this it started working..... and it s a usual issue that the game crashes when u change the resolution... u ll jus have to restart the game. and also when i applied the latest patch it took out my bot options... donno why... but until u apply the patch u cant play online..... hope this helps...

for cs 1.6 non steam version, goto installation folder, goto csstrike.exe, in its properties, check run this as administrator, in compatibility, run it as win XP SP3,

it worked great for me!

very simple solution

right click on hl.exe>>>>compatibility>>>select XP SP2>>>>apply>>>>RUN

Exactly, this is gonna be with the non steam version of cs though. It's not the steam version.

The steam version works just fine.

Apply the procedure above and it will work.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ...dude just dont blurt out things you dont know.. all and every shit works fine on Windows 7 64 and 32bits! Plus gaming is much better on Windows 7 even at its RC stage and DX 11.. dont be stupid dude..! :rofl:
vegeta said:
Windows 7 sucks @ gaming as of now... it takes ~4-5 mins to start crysis + switching to desktop takes one minute and finally hangs up. Mirrors edge gives me a feeling that i've downgraded my GFX ! Though h.a.w.x plays fine but still its not really a hi-end game.

AFAIK, CS:Source played fine.

Back