not connecting to Engenius router on Vista platform

rawlinsons

Disciple
Hi esteemed members..

I have facing quite a piquant situation with my Engenius Access Point..I have a Dell worstation with Vista Ultimate (Tiny vista) on it and an Engenius Wifi card ..This system detects the Engenius AP and connects to it with ease..

However in the same vicinity , i have an assembled system (Gigabyte board AMD 690G series ) withe same version of Vista installed as the workstation above with the same Wi fi card...It intermittently detects the AP but does not connect to it..on observation i found that in the latter case , the Wi fi card does not periodically transmit unlike the workstation case (tranmsmission light does not glow) and hence the disconnection to AP.. I have installed identical drivers on both with no success in the latter case..
can someone resolve this..

Get a linux live cd like, ubuntu or knoppix and see if your wifi card works. If it does then you will at least know that the hardware is working fine.

check all these:

1.Have u got the latest available firmware version for the Wi-fi AP.
2.Check the antenna of the wifi card if its fitted coreectly!
3.Make sure the card is fitted correctly in the solt
4.Try using card nearer to the AP as this may happen when ur signal strenght is low
5.Last if all these wont work then interchange the cards and confirm the 2nd card is fine.Hope u get back ur card :)

sorry for the ot, but that is some of the best (even though its a bit old fashioned) english I've ever read on this forum.

We should have more members like you :D

I've had this issue with Windows XP SP2, and Server 2003, no idea why. I use XP SP1 and it works , so leave it at that

hi guys..

I have tried almost all the conventional logical alternatives with no success..What baffles me is the functionality of the same card on Dell machine using the same vista platform..I am almost inclined to suspect the Gigabyte motherboard itself..Anyways the troubleshooting is on and the next attempt is to use full blown Vista and wifi cards of other brands..some of the inputs from my friends on this forum should assist me in nailing this bug..thanks ...ln anticipation of more inputs...

I am working with rawlisons on this. Now yesterday we experienced a strange thing. The WiFi cards (we have 5-6 of them) start showing WiFi networks around when the host machine is plugged into the intranet (on which Internet is available on Proxies) via RJ-45 wired connection! As soon as the connection is removed, the WiFi networks can no longer be seen. Also, plugging into any other network (say an abandoned switch or AP RJ-45 port) does not have any affect and WiFi networks remain undetected.

This is happening on the Dell workstation as well the the Gigabyte 690 boards. Also, our laptops easily log into the EnGenuis AP as well as other WiFi networks around.

It surely seems to be a driver/protocol issue as its unlikely that 5-6 cards are bad. The links to the product page of the cards and AP is follows:-

EPI-3601S 600mW RF power - EnGenius Datacom Products

ECB-3610S 600mW RF Power - EnGenius Datacom Products

Anyone any clue as to what is happening? We have tried XP, Vista, Vista SP1.....

Back