Android Nothing Phone 1 refusing service due to display issues

ash110

Disciple
Hello,

I recently got a Nothing Phone 1, just a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, I dropped my phone a while and there's a tiny crack on the screen, hasn't affected the screen or the device in any way and I've continued using it without any issues. However, the phone OS randomly crashed yesterday and started throwing errors. Looking into it, I found out that it's a hard brick, and some others have been facing this issue with the phone too. I took it to the official service centre and they said the software issue is covered under warranty, but because the screen is cracked slightly they can't take the phone in, and I'll have to pay 13k for the screen to be replaced before they fix the motherboard issue for free.

What can I do in this situation? The crack in the screen has been no issue for me but I can't argue with the representatives in the service centre who say it's the company policy. Spending almost half the cost of the new phone also isn't a great option.

Hello,

I recently got a Nothing Phone 1, just a couple of months ago. Unfortunately, I dropped my phone a while and there's a tiny crack on the screen, hasn't affected the screen or the device in any way and I've continued using it without any issues. However, the phone OS randomly crashed yesterday and started throwing errors. Looking into it, I found out that it's a hard brick, and some others have been facing this issue with the phone too. I took it to the official service centre and they said the software issue is covered under warranty, but because the screen is cracked slightly they can't take the phone in, and I'll have to pay 13k for the screen to be replaced before they fix the motherboard issue for free.

What can I do in this situation? The crack in the screen has been no issue for me but I can't argue with the representatives in the service centre who say it's the company policy. Spending almost half the cost of the new phone also isn't a great option.
These are contracted service centres who have to follow the agreement with the company. Same thing happens with Pixel phones. For any issue, they will provide a quote for fixing the device completely and you have to accept/reject the same.

Your only option if you don't want to spend much into go to unofficial phone repair shops.

Hello,

My friend had a similar issue with a different phone in the past and they didn't agree in the same way. Their reasoning was, if the display or anything has such a crack due to fall off, it could damage more if they open it. If that happens, it would be their mistake and they would have to bear the cost and change your display as it happened bcz they opened. This could lead to further arguments and fights.
This is one reason, apart from charging you more money unnecessarily. I don't what happened later with that phone.

Back