Other Now - Is it a wise decision to Buy ONEPLUS 12? - After Green Line Issue

Hello,

Respected Members,

I want to buy a ONEPLUS 12 for my Friend, but I got some reviews on ONEPLUS community site that there is a Green Line Issue coming as well as Motherboard Failure issue coming many OnePlus phones after software update, I know these issues started in ONEPLUS 8 but this time some users also reported this in ONEPLUS 12, so I want to ask from you Respected Members, Should I go for this or not? Please share your views. Hope to see replies soon. Thank You.
Regards,

LAPTOP_GEEK

Hello,

Respected Members,

I want to buy a ONEPLUS 12 for my Friend, but I got some reviews on ONEPLUS community site that there is a Green Line Issue coming as well as Motherboard Failure issue coming many OnePlus phones after software update, I know these issues started in ONEPLUS 8 but this time some users also reported this in ONEPLUS 12, so I want to ask from you Respected Members, Should I go for this or not? Please share your views. Hope to see replies soon. Thank You.
Regards,

LAPTOP_GEEK
Avoid for now. Need to see what's causing these issues in the first place.

I recently bought an OP11 as it is now priced at ₹37K after card cashback for the 16GB/256GB version on impulse as it is last year's flagship. The thought of motherboard and greenline issues didn't occur during the impulse purchase.

I think OP was the only manufacturer honoring green line issues even after warranty period. My Mum's Samsung M52 was affected and Samsung told us to stick it where the sun doesn't shine, so I had to go for aftermarket repair. It is now officially the most expensive phone in the house.

I saw green lines on the smartphone of a local mobile repair shop owner. Took a wild guess for it to be OP and he nodded with a smile. I am scared of OP at this point.

Like some others have mentioned here Oneplus is probably the only one replacing the screen on green line issue phones even if they're out of warranty. As for motherboard dead issues that is definitely worrying but it isn't as widespread. Never update to the latest version immediately. Wait a week or two to see if there are any issues.

As for the phone itself, it's good VFM at that price. Samsung, Pixel, Apple, etc will cost at least double if not more.

Hi, I've seen reports about the green line and motherboard issues with OnePlus phones, especially since the OnePlus 8. While a few users have mentioned similar problems with the OnePlus 12, it's not yet widespread. OnePlus may fix this with updates, but it’s concerning. If your friend really prefers OnePlus, maybe wait a bit longer to see if more issues come up or get fixed. Alternatively, consider phones like the iPhone 15 or Samsung Galaxy S series or iPhone 16 line up is also launched.

Hope this helps!

I have gathered more info about this. My speculation is. (could be wrong)

The green line has no correlation with iOS update or android update on android phone. It's the restart of the phone that the update does. Think about this, how often do you restart your phone if it's working fine? Almost never.

Now why does this happen?

It is due to screen being damaged from any other reason, the problem is the screen still works and doesn't show any signs of being damaged, but it is no longer capable to run from a power down instance. So it keeps working and then a restart happens and boom.

Hello,

to all of you.

I really appreciate all the replies of Respected Members, what I learnt after reading all the replies is that these days Green line or Display issue is normal not in ONEPLUS phones but also in any company phone, but only ONEPLUS is accepting and replacing the Screen free of cost even after Warranty Expiry otherwise there some phones are really VFM, as far as other companies concerned they are clearly cheating and I think they don't value customers, what posted above is really bad I am feeling bad for @anmolbhard004, now the question arises why this happening? Are Companies using substandard Displays or Is there some error in their software codes? Hope it comes out soon, Also Motherboard issue is not too much prevalent I hope that's right? So, Experienced and Respected Members please comment more on this as sales are approaching and many members of our tech community are thinking to upgrade their phones, so what should we do now? Thank You.

Regards,

LAPTOP_GEEK

Think about this, how often do you restart your phone if it's working fine? Almost never.
Don't know about other brands & recent phones but redmi k20 cannot function properly with more than 1500 continuous hours of being powered on. After being powered on continuously for 1500 hours it is just a matter of time before phone restarts itself or user is forced to restart phone because of various issues.

ONEPLUS is accepting and replacing the Screen free of cost even after Warranty Expiry
No. My brother had this green line problem and got it after warranty period. Oneplus refused to replace the screen free of cost. They told that they have not received any official update to replace from Oneplus yet.

Hello,

Respected Members,

What will be the Price of ONEPLUS 12 in coming sales? Do someone has any idea? Please reply.

Thank You.

Regards,

LAPTOP_GEEK

No. My brother had this green line problem and got it after warranty period. Oneplus refused to replace the screen free of cost. They told that they have not received any official update to replace from Oneplus yet.

1726336698517.png

How can anyone tell future deal prices in advance, just wait for deal prices to be revealed on their respective app.
Hello,

But as many issues coming in the ONEPLUS, one can give an idea based on their experience that what will be price in upcoming Sales? Hope to see a reply regarding this.

LAPTOP_GEEK

Think about this, how often do you restart your phone if it's working fine? Almost never.
After cleaning junk etc. I restart my Samaung A50s once in a week or 15 days since last 4 yrs. and all is good. I even factory reset it 3-4 times till today and all is good.

Back