Number spoofing

gizmofreak

Recruit
Hi, I received the fraud call from my Bank's helpline number. However, when I contacted the Bank they said it is not possible as that particular number does not have outbound facility. Want to know if it is possible to spoof number in a way that even in the call log history it is showing that particular number as incoming call

That is why the banks keep on sending these msgs - "Dear Customer, kindly do not share confidential information such as your mPIN, UPI PIN or OTP with anyone. Bank will never ask for such sensitive information."

How can we identify if the call is spoofed or not.
Or when we identify the particular call as spoof, is it possible to backtrack it to the service provider through which the call originated?

Report to the bank. AFAIK its banned in India.

You cannot identify it currently. The best is to look for cues like asking for XYZ information which you are not supposed to give out

Even if you identify it, not possible to backtrack without help. For example look at the huge amount of phishing SMS that you get. Better report and hope its taken care of. Inform here as well, so we can be alert.

How and what did they asked u on call ?

You can report them with bank thats the max you can do also spoofing/fraud call are placed everyday just be sure not to share any detials which u think should not be safe to share with anyone.

List of things not to be shared.

Don't share your pin
Debit/credit card number/CVV
Account #
Loggin ID
Password
DOB
Addrees
OTP

I hope have covered most of them

Back