Graphic Cards Nvidia 6600 GT vs ATI X800 GTO

Performance wise x800GTO would be better, but then it would be costlier.
Price/Performance wise 6600gt is better choice.

WTF, oops was on phone while posting that.
I meant good for Games right now. Lol. Sorry.

First of all the huge price gap. x800 GTO is more like competition for the 6800 or 6800 GT in some cases.
As ive seen the x800 GTO benchies are quite close to the 6800GT in most games. Correct me if im wrong on this though.

Mods, please merge the threads^^
Stupid 10 min timing.

x800gto 12 pipe 256bit 256 MB.

IIt will outperform 6600GT easily. also considering 6600GT 256MB costs 12.5K, this is not too expensive either. ANd X800GTo really has the horsepower to take advantage of 256MB RAM.

X800GTO or X800GTO2 ! it should whoop the 6600GT easily. I wouldn't pay for a feature that hardly exists or is more of a paper feature set ;). Btw i think the price difference between a GTO and GTO2 is not much, just check out both of them. A sapphire GTO2 is 100% moddable to 16 pipelines and highly overclockable due to r480 core ;)

I think ATI X800 GT is more stacked against the 6600GT while the X800 GTO is a little higher up in the league between the 6800 and the 6800GT...

Performance wise this is much better then the 6600GT but then the price is on the higher side too.

The X800GTO will really sell like hot-cakes in India.

I was in the same situation (TE members will understand ;)) a few months ago. I felt the 6600Gt was too low-end, 6800GT was out of reach. I settled with a 6800 Vanilla for 14k. If the X800GTO was there then, I would buy that surely.

The X800GTO should even outperform my 128MB 6800 modded to 16 x 6...

i bought 6600GT two weeks back...:S

anyway i am Nvidia fan and i am not game crazy person so 6600GT is enough for my system.
well i am planning for AMD system that time i will need real powerful card.
my current plan is 7800GT or GTX.:cool2:

in some threads its mentioned that upcoming 1800XT is also not that powerful as 7800GTX.;)

till the time let me enjoy 6600GT.
let wait for anybody to purchase X800 GTO and we can compare the score as many of us has 6600GT.

Off topic:

Hmmm...I actually managed to pick up a 6800 (Vanilla) for 8.4K (if i rem' correctly) from Kevin :)

Works great...Only catch is it seems I am more preoccupied with extracting the best performance out of it (CHanging drivers, using tweaked drivers, benchmarking...the ususal s^%t) rather than enjoying a good frag session on it.... :(

Seriously, of the say 30 odd hous I would have spent on the 6800, only about 5 would have gone into actual gaming

come on guys i dont make statement for the sake of post numbers.
check this out.....

Our conclusion is a mixed bag really. The benchmarks were run on release candidate drivers for the Radeon X1800 Pro and XT, hence performance is not likely to change much before launch, but final clockspeeds have yet to be determined we've learned, hence it could go either way. On the other hand ATI has been able to wring extra performance from their drivers in the past, so we’d expect them to be able to pull that off here as well. Overall it looks like the Radeon X1800 XT is good match for the GeForce 7800GTX, although in most games the GTX clearly takes the lead. The Radeon X1800 Pro is slightly slower than the GeForce 7800 GT, although not by much. Considering the fact that we’ve used a top-of-the-line AMD Athlon FX57 processor, with 1GB of OCZ DDR400 memory on the popular Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard your mileage may vary, we honestly don’t know how these cards will do in a lower spec-ed system. With more pipelines, 24 vs. 16, the GeForce 7800 GT and GTX should have the advantage here.

Overall ATI has managed to finally bring the R520 architecture to market, although over 6-months late. If they had launched it earlier they’d have taken the market by storm, much like the GeForce 7800GTX did at launch. However it will now be a tough sell, the MSRP is around $599 for the Radeon X1800 XT, which is up to $150 more expensive than the GeForce 7800GTX which is faster overall. Same applies to the Radeon X1800 Pro, which will retail at $449, you can buy a GeForce 7800GTX for that amount of money, which honestly hands the Radeon X1800 Pro its own behind. For now it is clear that ATI has managed to launch a new line of graphics cards that keeps pace with NVIDIA’s, kudos to them for staying competitive.

In order for ATI to really compete with NVIDIA they’ll need to match their price tags and be able to ship in volume at launch. Unfortunately history has taught us that previous top-of-the-line ATI graphics cards were available as PE, press edition, only, with virtually no retail availability until months after the launch. We hope that ATI has learned a trick or two from NVIDIA that had immediate availability when they launched the GeForce 7800GT and GTX. Next stop for ATI is CrossFire, it’ll be interesting to see what two of these new Radeons are capable of when run side by side. Let’s hope for them they’ll be able to secure a decisive victory over NVIDIA, else I’ll be simply repeating myself when we cover CrossFire in detail.
get the link here -

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1813.3/

do let me know your reply....

sorry for going out of post.....

Hehe don't post that hardwareanalysis junk. That site lost all its credibility after publishing that article. We had a long discussion on it here in these forums. Also go check out beyond3d forums for more details. Its just one pissed off journalist trying to show his anger on ATI. Driverheaven even published mails by that sander sassen guy trying to blackmail ATI.

^^Lmao :rofl: avi lost out on all the Sander "Saas"en- Bahu drama ! :rofl: Anyways just so you know, those benchies and that site have lost credibility totally. Like chaos pointed out the benchies were conducted (who knows if they were conducted even) in a non-professional and unethical manner and were done with the goal of destroying ATi's rep in mind.

strange..

if you type X1800 XT in Google then second link you get is this.:huh:
anyway then you tell me any good site where i can find proper comparision between 7800GTX adn x1800 pro or XT.

i was Intel Fan before ( very happy with 2.4c:) ) but now i am in AMD group since i tried Intel D 840 and 2GB DDR II :( with ATI XT850 XT PE - 56XX something 3D mark score.:mad: :mad: )

still i am Nvidia Fan and if ATI come with 1800 but totally killing to Nvidia ( what AMD is doing to Intel) then i might change to ATI also.

and what about Sas and bahu???

IT is in the ATI Sticky thread.

And no site ca ngive you true picture of r520 vs 7800GTX for the simple reason that r520 has not been released yet.

And people who have seen it and benched it are under NDA and cannot talk abt it.

Back