Graphic Cards nVidia 6800XT?

heman

Disciple
Nvidia silently announces Geforce 6800XT
NVIDIA WON'T give up without a fight. ATI is putting more pressure on the market with its new parts, but every time it seems that Nvidia has a good answer to keep the red boys quiet. The only market where Nvidia is definitely dominating is the mainstream where Nvidia has a sold rock, great selling Geforce 6600GT and 6600 standard.

ATI just announced its counter part, the Radeon X800GT card with very good price performance ratio and wants to compete on the 6600GT range. As Nvidia knows, rhw Geforce 6600GT is too juicy a cake to give it up without a fight, and therefore it just announced a new card branded as Geforce 6800XT.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=25475

man.now they are stealing names :rofl:

Its soo annoying
ATI naming their high end cards as XT and Nvidia naming their low end cards as XT,wth..

I suggest both of them be alloted 5-6 alphabets... say
ATI gets - A,B,C,D,E
Nvidia Gets - G,H,I,J,K
ANd they are allowed to name products with the permutation combinations coming from above alloted alphabets only...lol

I agree.... there should be some sort of rule to name these cards.

I mean, when you hear the suffix XT, it is natural to think of a high performance card. XT, GT(for ATI--- low performance, for nvidia, high performance), all get very confusing and in the end, it is end user who is not a regular at TE who suffers

Should be the same ol' story - Pipelines and clock speeds. Well, but seems that the XT is also a 8 pipeline card like the LE. So it should be the clock speeds.

Huh where does Nvidia slot an 8 pipecard now, 175$ is taken by ATI for its 12 pipe X800 PCIE. 150$ 6600GT with 8 pipes is doing decent. Nvidia needs to relase a 12 pipe card under 200$ in PCIE now...

Back