Graphic Cards Nvidia 8600Gt Bursted

devi691

Disciple
hi guys
Last year in oct 2008, I purchased nvidia 8600gt pci express gfx card. on 6th dec'09 it burst with a noise when iwas just surfing net.on 7th dec i submitted it to service center,already 10 days over but no reply .i called them few times but they are just telling to wait more.
usually how much time it will take for replacement?

it depends...u say it blew...so they probably still need to analyze whether it was user's fault or the card's. Generally no warranty on burnt stuff I believe, but they will analyze it case for case.

BTW, there is no word as "Bursted", were you trying to say Busted + Burst = Bursted ...lol

anfjavid said:
It must either be Rashi or Palit, Tripathi...

Rashi ...
Distributor "Aditya " Bangalore

nikrusty said:
it depends...u say it blew...so they probably still need to analyze whether it was user's fault or the card's. Generally no warranty on burnt stuff I believe, but they will analyze it case for case.

BTW, there is no word as "Bursted", were you trying to say Busted + Burst = Bursted ...lol

burst - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Guys one more thing i want to add..There is no burn mark.In that card dvi and vga output were working nicely but fan was not working.Burning smell was coming from the card.

If it's Rashi then be prepared for a long and frustrating wait.
My 8600gt too is with rashi for RMA and it's been there for 1.5 months now.
They'll keep telling you that they don't have stock for 8600gt and you'll get two options:
1st - Take Rs 2000/- as compensation and forget about your card.
2nd - Take a much inferior 9400gt as replacement.
I'm currently playing the waiting game hoping that I might be able to score either a better/equivalent card in replacement or a greater amount in compensation.

raunaqmorarka said:
If it's Rashi then be prepared for a long and frustrating wait.
My 8600gt too is with rashi for RMA and it's been there for 1.5 months now.
They'll keep telling you that they don't have stock for 8600gt and you'll get two options:
I'm currently playing the waiting game hoping that I might be able to score either a better/equivalent card in replacement or a greater amount in compensation.

OMG :mad:,,, i have a question.u sent that cart directly to rashi or by some mediator person?

honestly, rashi will keep on giving you faulty 8 series card in replacement of your burnt card, so get out and buy a new nvidia 9 series or ATI 4 series card.

I have had such a bad experience with Rashi, they gave me 2 faulty 8800 GTX and one faulty 8800 Ultra in replacement for my original 8800 GTX.

devi691 said:
hi guys
Last year in oct 2008, I purchased nvidia 8600gt pci express gfx card. on 6th dec'09 it burst with a noise when iwas just surfing net.on 7th dec i submitted it to service center,already 10 days over but no reply .i called them few times but they are just telling to wait more.
usually how much time it will take for replacement?

Burst ? could you elaborate more.

Did you take any pics ?

Man! You got the replacement in just 13 days... Thats really a good news. Even my XFX 8600GT capacitors also bursted and i have submitted on 16th dec and the service centre guy told me to wait for 20 days for the response....

raunaqmorarka said:
Sory man i am not a hard core gamer. But why did you say that 9400gt is much inferior to 8600gt??:no:
Can you explain this??

^^

Hope this helps.

9400gtvs8600gt.jpg

*taken from Video Card Reviews and Specifications - Welcome To GPUReview.com! - GPUReview.com

Back