Graphic Cards Nvidia GTS360M......its NOT what one might think.

Shripad

ex-Mod
Oh well.

Another renamed part from Nvidia stable.

Geez, this is now just getting ridiculous.

NVIDIA'S RENAMING SCAM has another name to add to the list. The G215 is now called the GTS360M. Consumers aren't warned that they are getting old tech with a new name, but Nvidia will proudly tell you that it is 120 more of something than the GT240 that was in desktop form, and the S and M are added bonuses.

Thanks to a reader who informed us of this page from the Netherlands, which proudly lists the GTS360M as the GPU for a quad core laptop. The 360M is not a new product, it is just a rebadged G215 downclocked to a mobile part. That chip was a yawner at full spec and the downgrade is going to be even less exciting.

GTS360M = GT240 = G215 ~=G92+ dx 10.1

Luckily, the GTS360M is not just a DX10.1 card, it is 120 meaningless model number points further along, and with S and M better. If you have the brains of a mollusk, you might just believe it is related to the late, lamented Fermi. At least that is the hope, apparently. But for the company to be honest about it would be akin to Nvidia admitting that it has nothing more to offer consumers than a marketing campaign right now. It's okay though, all signs point to Nvidia not going the honest route. Ever.

So, another day, another Nvidia renaming. Can you feel the excitement?

SemiAccurate :: Nvidia GTS360M is a renamed GT240

:|:2guns::crash:

this is getting better..

Nvidia don't need R&D Department anymore coz they can rename an existing product with a new name.. :D

hope they are not launching 3xx series desktop cards by renaming the old 2xx series... :rofl:

Shripad said:
Lately Charlie has been more accurate on almost everything :p

Does that mean I have to change the subtitles on the GT300 parody?? :bleh:

Not surprising if it comes true. However, its Charlie we're talking about here- IT HAS TO BE SEMI-ACCURATE :eek:hyeah:

GT 240, seems to be slower then a 9600GT on most of the games :p why do they want to release a card which is absolutely worthless...

nVidia's release of renamed cards is just for the sake of stayling alive in news section. Except for techies nobody knows that GT240 is slower than 9600GT. all they see is that GT240 is latest and grab it :)

desiibond said:
nVidia's release of renamed cards is just for the sake of stayling alive in news section. Except for techies nobody knows that GT240 is slower than 9600GT. all they see is that GT240 is latest and grab it :)

Yeah...correct. And its even pricier than 9600 GT. GT 240 is available for 5.5k. So I reallt dont understand whats the point in buying it. Nvidia your renaming scheme sux.

I think buying a G92 product was a great investment. Effortless upgrading :rofl:

PS: When will Fermi see the light of the day?

Amien said:
I think buying a G92 product was a great investment. Effortless upgrading :rofl:

late march or april right now nvidia is getting thier ass handed out to them by ati

Amien said:

But you have atleast 3 generation old hardware, until you have put the effort to update your Bios too, :p...Not that effortless afterall...

thebanik said:
But you have atleast 3 generation old hardware, until you have put the effort to update your Bios too, :p...Not that effortless afterall...

Atleast i don't need to open my case. Nvidia thinks about lazy folks like me :eek:hyeah: :p

Hmm apparently GT 2xx architecture was a total failure for Nvidia financially as they cannot trickle it down to mid and lower ends...

The Sorcerer said:
Does that mean I have to change the subtitles on the GT300 parody?? :bleh:
Not surprising if it comes true. However, its Charlie we're talking about here- IT HAS TO BE SEMI-ACCURATE :eek:hyeah:

Semi accurate or not.. the rebadging is not new and is a ridiculous process altogether, they might fool, say a 100 people. Whats the point?

they need a new stable and better products. Its about time.

hey guys so is it ok to buy a 5770 cause iam tired of waiting for nvidia an are the hectanocheries getting released before the fermi? then it wouldnt be wise to get the card is it?

Back