Graphic Cards Nvidia GTX 660 Ti or AMD Radeon HD7850

atiamd

Adept
Aug 20, 2009
Juicy Way
@Detox101, I have a 7850 which I bought for 15K a few months back. Its an awesome card. I can max out every game out there except of course Metro 2033 (All ultra with DOF turned off, above 60 FPS at all times), Witcher 2 with all Ultra (shadows high, ubersampling off, 40 to 60 FPS most of the times). Right now am playing Dragon Age origins with all highest 8X MSAA frames above 90 at all times (granted, its not that graphics hungry). Crysis 2 with high resolution texture pack and DX 11 with all settings ultra and AA off gives me well over 40 FPS at all times (40 -60). Mass effect 3 is ALWAYS above 60 with all settings ultra and AA enabled. All these games I play with VSYNC OFF.

So, whatever frame rates I have written are minimum with maximum going well above 60. I dont think till we see the new consoles in 1.5 years from now, we will see any boost in graphics in PC games till then. Of course, there would be exceptions in a way of 2 3 games, but they would be handled well with 7850 I know.

However,I just saw a Sapphire 7870 OC edition on flipkart for around 19K which is insane. Get that and you won't be disappointed. Harry had the link a few posts above. Dont wait for price drops of 7850 for more than 2 weeks from now. If they fall, and you see that 7850 is listed for 13K, go for it. Otherwise, right now, 7870 is the BEST option at 19K. Remember, its factory overclocked and still has a lot of room for further overclock. Hope this helps. Also, if you want, I can give you the frame rates of any game you request and I have it with me... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

baccilus

Skilled
Oct 21, 2007
Chandigarh
There will be new technology and better Direct X by the time an HD7850 is defeated by newely releasing games. There will be a need of new graphic card only when new consoles release, but by then we all will be inclined to change our graphic cards anyway because some new features might not be supported. So don't run after raw horse power which you will never see or feel in a real world scenerio.

atiamd

Adept
Aug 20, 2009
Juicy Way
There will be new technology and better Direct X by the time an HD7850 is defeated by newely releasing games. There will be a need of new graphic card only when new consoles release, but by then we all will be inclined to change our graphic cards anyway because some new features might not be supported. So don't run after raw horse power which you will never see or feel in a real world scenerio.
Exactly my point....

- - - Updated - - -

where did you see 7850 listed at 13k??
Nowhere. I said, IF you see it listed at 13K in 2 weeks from now. The point that I was trying to make was to not wait for price drops when you can already have a 7870 for 19K. It might be out of stock in a few days and you would end up buying a 7850 at 15-17K and then you will repent the decision.... :)

May 5, 2010
New Delhi
well according to the benches , 660ti beats 7850 in nearly every game by 15-20 % .
So if it priced < 115 % of 7850 . you should get it .
Else its just a matter of brand preference and you pocket size :p
For me , I have always used ATI because of their lower power consumption GPUs :D

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
There's a rumor going around that the 660Ti is headed for a price cut this week so keep a lookout.

It looks likely considering that the ASUS Direct CU II 660Ti is retailing ~20000/- (planned for) so if this swings into action we are looking at a sharp price war with the HD78** series getting really affordable.

Detox101

Disciple
Jun 8, 2012
There is only one place to find that out... the mecca of computer components... Lamington Road.. Might go there this weekend.. Will keep you all posted if GTX 660 is indeed available...

Do you see it on retail sites?

Reviews come and go, there was a review parading a GTX660Ti for ~20000/-, everyone went Gaga but where are those card(s) available?