WTB Nvidia PCIe 8 pin to 12 pin adapter for powering RTX 3060ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayank0623

Disciple
Lost the original adaptor that came with the GPU, looking for a replacement. Found this, but I've never used the site before nor do I know how reliable the adapter is. If anyone knows if the site is reliable or if anyone has a spare adapter lying around, kindly let me know. Thanks

I've purchased from that seller on Amazon a few times, they have mining accessories that are helpful for custom builds. I can't say anything about that cable though.

I found the seller by the same name on Amazon too, but they don't seem to have a brand page there, and no links leading back to their website, which gives me pause. Good to know at least some of their products are working, but unfortunately the adapter I need isn't available under their Amazon listings

I had purchased replacement fans for a msi 1050ti from them on their website after the original fan stopped spinning. The replacement ones fit perfectly and they are running great to this day.

I had purchased replacement fans for a msi 1050ti from them on their website after the original fan stopped spinning. The replacement ones fit perfectly and they are running great to this day.
Good to hear at least a few people have bought quality stuff from them. By the way did you purchase your fans through their Amazon listings or from their website?

The one you linked costs 4k-5k. The one I'm buying costs 800. I don't want to risk the GPU, so I don't mind spending the extra cash, but is it necessary to buy the more expensive adapter?
No, it's unnecessary. That's an imported sleeved cable and hence the cost.

The one you originally linked is good enough and will not have any issues with an RTX 3060 Ti. If you are still hesitant, reach out to your brand's local service centre and ask them if they can provide you with a replacement (either a new unit for a charge or they might also have extras from RMA units).

No, it's unnecessary. That's an imported sleeved cable and hence the cost.

The one you originally linked is good enough and will not have any issues with an RTX 3060 Ti. If you are still hesitant, reach out to your brand's local service centre and ask them if they can provide you with a replacement (either a new unit for a charge or they might also have extras from RMA units).
That's a good idea. I'll drop an email to RPtech and see if they can ship a replacement. Thanks

Edit:
Have received the cables from PiPlus and can confirm they work just as well as the original. Been gaming for a few hours and there have been no signs of issues with power draw or frame drops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back