nyway of nowing warranty left by IMEI no?

hiviky2212

Disciple
hi guys,
my uncle bought this samsung e840 last year in july in delhi , now m using it since last 2 weeks...its vibrator suddely stopped working n local repair shop askin 1k to repair it , i just don hv bill with this phone , was just curious if i can get to know warranty left by imei number online so that i can avail warranty on this phone :hap2: ...

Eventually they ask for a bill. All phones have warranty period on the IMEI number- even the "grey market" ones, but they will ask the bill to make sure you bought from a proper shop.

Dont know about Samsung, but with Nokia, if you take the phone to the service center, they check your IMEI number and determine the warranty. If the warranty period on your bill is farther than that then you can claim warranty from your bill.

Call up Samsung customer care. They can throw more light on it or better still narrow down a samsung mobile phone service center and head straight there. It will tell you two things:

1. If your phone is under warranty.

2. If not, then how much will they charge for repairing it. You never know you just might be suprised :p

Ragin_Ice said:
Dont know about Samsung, but with Nokia, if you take the phone to the service center, they check your IMEI number and determine the warranty. If the warranty period on your bill is farther than that then you can claim warranty from your bill.

Call up Samsung customer care. They can throw more light on it or better still narrow down a samsung mobile phone service center and head straight there. It will tell you two things:

1. If your phone is under warranty.

2. If not, then how much will they charge for repairing it. You never know you just might be suprised :p

thanks for the help mate....will do that only....

hiviky2212 said:
hi guys,
my uncle bought this samsung e840 last year in july in delhi , now m using it since last 2 weeks...its vibrator suddely stopped working n local repair shop askin 1k to repair it , i just don hv bill with this phone , was just curious if i can get to know warranty left by imei number online so that i can avail warranty on this phone :hap2: ...

if u don't have bill ask for duplicate bill / u don want to pay 1k for local service
u can pm me if u r confident to open ur phone ill provide u SM
br

kirtibas

u need T6 screw driver to open ur phone

hummm

u need to change flex cable which is 450 rs in market..

if u dont know abut ur warranty service center guys charged u very high about 1-1.5k..they start saying like this " its is water logged so warranty void , its fallen to ground so warranty void bla bla bla"

if u hav confident enough to open and change the flex cable its gr8 so u save some money

did u try

*#9998*842# --> Test Vibrator - Flash the screenligth during 10 seconds and vibration activated.

good luck

kirtibas

Back