:o, look mumbai robbed me

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
I had a chance to visit Mumbai from 27th to 30th of september.

It also provided me to meet friends from TE in person :clap: :clap:

And to the best of all it gave me a chance to visit the mecca of computer parts, The Lamington Road.

When in Lamington I got these for me.

The Workhorses from AMD
4000+ for my sister and 4800+ for me.

The stable for the above horses:
both the same IMO, the most VFM board

Ramming around
Transcend Jetway 1 GB

2 for me and 1 for my sister

The behemoths
320 GB for my sister and 500 GB for me.

The portables :
None of them is for me, two for a friend and one for my sister.

The Gateway :
This was not from Mumbai but i had purchased from here sometime back. Its really excellent stability, decent range of wifi, and fast connection.

Much better that Huawei i had from BSNL.

The Cool man:
The bigdaddy of cooling compounds.

The properties of this compund better than AS5 :D

And the last but not the least
Dust remover Spray can.

Eazy and Gulbir from Prime made me buy this as i was not allowed to get rest of the things :p

The damages :
Jetway boards : 3000
AMD 4000+ : 2725
AMD 4800+ : 5025
Transcend DDR2 667 MHZ 1 GB : 1275
Sandisk Cruzer Micro 2 GB : 825
WD 320 Gb : 3475
WD 500 Gb : 5575
Dust Remover : 150
Arctic Cooling MX2 : 415

all rates are with bill all inclusive. Prime ABGB, Lamington road Mumbai. on 27/9/2007

U virtually allowed Mumbai to rob u voluntarily ... and now blaming the poor city ... tsk tsk tsk .. bad thingie to be doing Doc... :p

Nice stuff for a noobie i d say :bleh:

Congrats..

Nice buy medpal. Looks good to see people from other profession having a nick for computers too
Btw, what kind of comments do you get from your fellow medical companions?

Well done, doc! Let me know how your Jetways turn out. You got a good deal, actually.

I paid 400 bucks more for my board yesterday, but I'm not having such a great time with it or the one I got earlier. The first one I bought got busted while installing Windows, and the second one is causing disk corruption and random write failures when the ATI drivers are installed.

On the bright side, I got a replacement for the first one that is working fine apparently (it's with a friend), and the second one on which I'm typing this message out, goes for replacement tomorrow. First time I've seen a board with such a high failure rate.

I always get gypped on the prices by Prime, don't bargain hard enough I guess. :(

Congrats Doc. Do post the pics and some stats of ur rig in the rig gallery. I am interested in reading a review of that jetway board :cool:

Actually, Intel boards are way more expensive than AMD boards while the cheaper Biostar for Intel isn't available easily. This way, he will surely have a cooler system too, congrats medpal :)

wowie.. thats some uber stuff you just got there :).

Keep them coming, lemme know your free someday, i might just drop by to check out ur rig :).

Congrats,

PC Doctor :)

after all मुम्बई का - जोर का जट्का धीरे से लगा - Nice Purchase with Savings from Prime :)

Nice purchases there doc, tho i have the same view as airtel. You would have been better off with intel.

@Rio,Stormblast. Actually there are some pretty decent cheap intel boards available in the low end. Albeit 945 based, they offer support for even the latest 1333 fsb proccy's. Asrock 1333-Conroe or something and a simliar board from MSI. They were selling for 2.5-2.6k at SP road here in bangalore

Back