:o, look mumbai robbed me

cong doctor hey i have dizzy problem could u help me u fix ma memory clean and keep ma computer neat :p

u love gamming or not :S

Sorry for OT doc, but any idea guys how the Jetway would compare to the Biostar A690G, which would make a better buy?

Thanks every one for nice encouragement.

ANP!!, you are most welcome anytime. will let you know when the system built completely.

Some body asked, which case : still i have not finalised the case, at mumbai there were no case in stock which i needed, so keeping my options open.

Most likely i will go shopping for rest of the parts tomorrow or tuesday till then i am not free.

superczar said:
hehe...giving your sis a raw deal ...eh doc?
4800vs 4000
500 vs 320
2 gig vs 1
LOL
nice buying spree though

lol, infact she is married, and had to follow the tight budget, i fitted the best i could in her budget, while i make my own budget so i could not resist resist splurgin a few hz for 4800.

Ram is for editing videos which i record while operating.

hunt3r said:
^^I doubt either doc or his sister are into gaming :p :p

hunt3r, none of us are interested in gaming as the prime reason for system building.

arunhalo said:
cong doctor hey i have dizzy problem could u help me u fix ma memory clean and keep ma computer neat :p

u love gamming or not :S

I love gaming but cant get much time to game.

I can help in dizziness but not in cleanliness :p

chic_magnet said:
eh doc. what's that dust removal spray can?

Its compressed air which will help you remove dust from crooks and corners of your system.

Anish said:
Sorry for OT doc, but any idea guys how the Jetway would compare to the Biostar A690G, which would make a better buy?

Anish i was looking for either jetway or biostar, forums had a big support for Jetway and HDMI out over DVI is great which took me to Jetway.

stormblast said:
not to mention the amd onboard video with hdmi out is great for htpc.

Ditto

nice shopping ..

how much for the wireless router?

oops i missed putting it in first post it was for 4100 with bill and octroi

Chaos said:
Lots of hardware... congrats! However for the price you paid I guess you were better off with Intel.
I think Rio summarized in brief why i went amd way.

sangram said:
Well done, doc! Let me know how your Jetways turn out. You got a good deal, actually.
I paid 400 bucks more for my board yesterday, but I'm not having such a great time with it or the one I got earlier. The first one I bought got busted while installing Windows, and the second one is causing disk corruption and random write failures when the ATI drivers are installed.
On the bright side, I got a replacement for the first one that is working fine apparently (it's with a friend), and the second one on which I'm typing this message out, goes for replacement tomorrow. First time I've seen a board with such a high failure rate.
I always get gypped on the prices by Prime, don't bargain hard enough I guess. :(

Do not use the ATi drivers that come with mobo- get latest drivers from the ati site. :cool2:
What psu are you on?:ashamed:

@Bikey, excellent warning. I installed the drivers and was faced with numerous reboots and crashes, delayed write failures, and was contemplating replacement (earlier alluded to in this thread).

With the drivers off the net, the machine works fine. I installed the LAN drivers first so I could download the drivers and so far the machine is showing none of the flakiness that it first exhibited.

Yup, the earlier board I got worked just fine with the drivers off the CD. This one just refused to. Maybe they revised the board and forgot to add drivers.

Back