Oblivion texture problem

Tarcxy

Disciple
I bought this game long back. But, got the inspiration to install and play after I saw the Skyrim trailer and obviously I havent had a good experience. I am facing an issue with the textures. The moment I come out the the sewers from the jail, the textures seem to be acting strange. I have attached a screenshot.

2m463p1.jpg

I have already tried
- Reinstalling
- Installing ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!
- Installing unofficial patches

I have done this countless times without luck :(. Please help. Suggestions are most welcome. Here are my system specs though I think they might not be the culprit.
Phenom 2 720BE
ATI HD4850 crossfire
GIGABYTE MA790GP-UD4H
OCZ Reapers 2x2GB
Windows 7 64 bit

Uninstall and install the base version - No patches unless there is one for this specific issue and try a different video driver

After you uninstall, make sure that you go in manually and delete the remaining folders and files. Then when you install the game, run everything as Administrator.

BTW, are you using Qarl's Texture Pack 3? I had the same problems when experimenting with that. But it's a great mod if you're interested.

Freaky said:
Uninstall and install the base version - No patches unless there is one for this specific issue
Have already tried these. No luck!

Freaky said:
and try a different video driver
But havent tried this one. Will try it when I get back home..
imoen said:
After you uninstall, make sure that you go in manually and delete the remaining folders and files. Then when you install the game, run everything as Administrator.

BTW, are you using Qarl's Texture Pack 3? I had the same problems when experimenting with that. But it's a great mod if you're interested.
I did manually delete the remaining folders. And no I am not using Qarl's Texture Pack 3.

Back