OCZ GameXStream 600w PSU on it's way ;)

shado_chazzer_killer said:
So 5K for The PSU+Shipping+Customs. Seems great, i may also get that.

:rofl: :rofl:

This has to be one of the funniest p[osts on TE !!! :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

He paid 5K ONLY for shipping and customs.... the cost of the PSU was an extra 6-7K....

Cummon SCK.....think abt it..... dont post so blindly....

@Mohit ---- He bought it from ebay.

PSU was bought off eBay... mohit, I used to buy stuff off ZZfly and Newegg when I had a US corporate card at my last company.

5k shipping + customs wasn't for the PSU alone... in fact, I bought the PSU because I was getting other stuff shipped... 7 CDs + 3 tshirts + PSU + 2 books. I was ok with paying $48 for priority shipping (it arrived in 3 days) but the customs duty is what I was taken aback with because they don't normally charge duty on CDs, books and clothes.

Just curious...what exactly were the custom charges of 2.5k based on ? I mean..was it weight ? size ? or actual value of the stuff ?

did ya get 'em undervalued ?

That's what I'm totally puzzled with... spoke to Fedex Bangalore and Fedex Bombay and they have no friggin clue... they're trying to get me in touch with someone in Delhi that might be able to answer my questions. Generally though, customs is based on value... I under-valued the PSU to $50, the rest of the stuff shouldn't matter because they can't charge customs on CDs, books, clothes.

Nikhil said:
:rofl: :rofl:

This has to be one of the funniest p[osts on TE !!! :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

He paid 5K ONLY for shipping and customs.... the cost of the PSU was an extra 6-7K....

Cummon SCK.....think abt it..... dont post so blindly....

@Mohit ---- He bought it from ebay.

LOL. Yeah i thought soo when i 1st saw the post, i had serious doubts. So i posted it, Did i do anything wrong :ashamed: So it will be like 10K+ as a Total.

well with fedex you pay customs + their own clearance charges. Thats why it bcomes expensive affair to import through fedex.

USPS is slow but its cheapest option.

deejay said:
leaving aside the cd, t-shirts etc ...what was the final cost of the psu ?? incl. shipping and customs ...

Hard to say because they were all in one large box, but here are my assumptions to arrive at an estimated cost for the OCZ:

PSU cost + ship to India + customs duty

6175 + 1188 + 1250 = Rs.8613

I've assumed half my shipping and customs were because of the PSU.

@Funky, I choose fedex because I get a 75% discount on their shipping - in effect, fedex would have charged me $48 x 4 at full rate. And their clearance charges are really low, in fact, I haven't paid for CDs in the past.... it's about 300 bucks for mid-to-large sized boxes.

why the hell did u get it shipped by priority mail when u dont plan to use the psu till conroe arrives ???

EDIT : and where did u buy the crucial memory from and what were the customs duties on it ?

I get a discount only on priority, and the discounted price is lower than regular shipping... so it's a no-brainer!!

Bought the Ballistix off eBay as well... under-valued it to $100 and paid Rs.865 customs.

I know its none of my business but the actual cost should be
6175 + 1650 (taking roughly $35 for the psu out of $48 you paid for the full package) + 2500 = 10,325/-

customs duty on small packages is generally 100% ... hence they must have charged you 100% on ur declared value of $50.

cd's , few items of clothing (Gift) etc are generally not charged. hence if the psu was not included in the package you might not have been charged at all !!!

sometimes they charge a lumpsum amount of Rs.2500 / 5000 / 10000 , depending on the package size ...irrespective of the value declared ...;)

The box was large, I mean really large and the PSU only took up 1/4th the space but was 1/2 the weight of the entire box... which is why I assumed $25 for shipping.

Secondly, customs duty can be levied UPTO 100% of the value of the item but this wasn't the case I'm sure as they've never done it (I have shipped a ton of stuff including my guitar from the US to India)... I spoke to 1 rep at Fedex Bangalore and 1 official at Fedex Bombay and they had no clue why so much customs were levied. Tomorrow, hopefully I get an answer from their Delhi office (as customs were levied there) and maybe even a refund :)

Also, this was a calculated sum because it was exactly Rs.2,544.... when I get home I plan to take a closer look so I can ask the right questions when I speak to their people in Delhi.

Really tempted to install this PSU but I don't think the prescott is worthy of it - here are some pics taken while I was unpacking it :p

I dont get you..... you have an amazing PSU.... if you use it with a Prescott, the PSU will not go bust neither will the mobo/CPU, whatever.... so why the heck are you not using it with your present config??

Why dont you sell your other PSU and install this and start giving us some more results :p ???

Short answer: no issues with current PSU, and it's not like the OCZ will take the prescott beyond 3.3ghz anyway :)

Long answer: wait for Conroe lol

First, how much will he spend to ship it - assume that will be $30 via sea (4 to 6 weeks) and $70 via air (a week to 10 days) via UPS or USPS.

Customs will depend on declared value of the item shipped, which could go as high as 100% the declared value (although they have never charged me that high customs).

Update on customs duty for my last shipment: Alright, spoke to an official at Fedex Delhi and he gave me the scoop on things... they levied duty on the power supply, shirts and CDs... they didn't even consider the declared value, they did their own assessment, came up with a market value of Rs.6161 and levied 36.74% customs duty + misc reimbursements + tax.

nice PSU.. frankly the first one ive seen with four columns for +12v :p ..quad rail sweet !!!! nice to see conroe plans for everyone fallin into place..jus saw funkys badaxe...:D..i would love to jus come and gaze at all the stuff u fellas have :D

Heh... the OCZ wasn't the first PSU on TE with quad rails... Karan's FSP Epsilon 700w was (now sold to another member)... and yeah, Conroe plans falling in place for many people... looks like Harshal and Funky will be the first in that list :)

Back