OCZ XTC Memory Cooler

4dh1r

Adept
Bought an OCZ XTC (Xtreme Thermal Convection) Memory Cooler from Mohit this Friday. Just installed it in my Cabby and it looks cool!!! The blue LED light peeking out from the holes on the Steel body looks awesome...
Here are some pics :

However, the OCZ Mem Cooler is a tight fit in my Rig. There's barely a gap of 2 mm between the Cooler and my NVidia 8600 GTS. There are many soldered joints that point out from the GFx Card and I didn't want to risk a short, so I placed a paper between the two.
Here are some pics:

Here's a close-up of the gap:

Now my main intention of posting this ain't showing off my new Cool Cooler

but to warn others who wanna buy this. Just check the dimensions of ur MoBo, GFx Card and the OCZ cooler before purchasing... A longer GFx Card won't allow the Mem Cooler to be installed since it has thumbscrews on the bottom (see pics).

Also need to check if ur CPU Cooler's dimension allow this cooler to be installed. A vertically aligned TRUE can be installed along with this cooler...

I got it recently for 850 bucks from katmandude and mounted on a8n sli. Its a good cooler for ram and way better option then copper heat dissipator which i dont think works that great. I would recommend if you use soft cardboard then paper. You might never know if paper has small holes in between and might short the whole system.

The Sorcerer said:
I got it recently for 850 bucks from katmandude and mounted on a8n sli. Its a good cooler for ram and way better option then copper heat dissipator which i dont think works that great. I would recommend if you use soft cardboard then paper. You might never know if paper has small holes in between and might short the whole system.

yes very efficient cooler, looks neat and matches the XTC perfectly
Mine also coming soon... ;)

Well its good for the motherboard too. Cooled my a8n sli from 51 to an amazing 45 on load and shaken 4 degrees on the processor. Just use the screw at the bottom of the cooler and thumbscrew on top. When you use screw on the bottom of the cooler it should allow you to squeeze in the soft cardboard (one used to wrap cup and saucers)between the cooler, gfx card and in some case, mostly in case the amd stock cooler. Its a good bang for money for overclockers compared to the ridiculous ram coolers which is used as a heatsink per ram and other stuff.

The Sorcerer said:
Just use the screw at the bottom of the cooler and thumbscrew on top. When you use screw on the bottom of the cooler it should allow you to squeeze in the soft cardboard (one used to wrap cup and saucers)between the cooler, gfx card and in some case, mostly in case the amd stock cooler.

Thx for clearing it up :) , I was wondering why were those two extra screws were given in the package :ashamed:

And I noticed that there was kinda notch in the design of the cooler (just like the shape of a SIM card). I tried to invert the cooler so that the notch side would come down and would help avoid the GFx Card. But there was still a gap. :(

Anyways as per ur suggestion, I replaced the piece of paper with a card paper... ;)

Back