PC Peripherals Odd problem all of sudden with Philips 5106K

Shripad

ex-Mod
hi people.
Those who own Philips 5106k i need little help.
The player all of sudden have started acting weird. My K-19 DVD disk was stuck inside the player. Eject button wont eject the disk. The disk will play fine but it wont eject. Pressed the damn eject button soo many times but it still wont eject.
Then all of sudden while i was playing with player menu it ejected the DVD.( was playing with the progressive setup menu)
I then inserted a divx DVD, it too played fine but now it too is not ejecting.
I have no clue why its happening.
Player was fine till 4 days ago.
Any idea?

Yup. Must be the ejection mechanism.

But yes, the slot loading mechanism on this thing is not too good, the CD/DVD needs to be positioned exactly before you press load, otherwise it spits it out again.

lol now its giving odd problem.

the DVD starts playing and it ejects it after 10-20 seconds of playback :S

ANyway will call service centre tomorrow.

most probably the eject button(electronically) is shorting ......most probably a bad transistor on the eject signal line .....

funkymonkey said:
lol now its giving odd problem.
the DVD starts playing and it ejects it after 10-20 seconds of playback :S
ANyway will call service centre tomorrow.

this used to happen on my samsung drives...lol
If i put a disk it will suddenly pop out the tray. Some transistors must have blown out :S
I guess u been using it too much.

I too own a 5106K.
Bought about 4 months back.

I am facing the same problem.
But what i have learnt is that there is rubber padding on the exit point of the slot. Its actually stopping the cd from coming out when u press the eject button. It tries to eject and its stopped at that point. What i am doing currently is just gently insert another cd about an inch or 2 into the slot and take it out after pressing eject and then the CD comes out properly.

:-(

Sort of a stupid design issue i guess.

-Anand

Back