Budget 41-50k Office and Mobile work Laptops

Need 2 Laptops, one for fixed use in office and another for mobile use while travelling. Both for work, not an entertainment machine.

Office Laptop -

• What's your Budget? 40-50k
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? Online browsing/email, storing/viewing high res pictures, regular office work
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? around 15-16" screen, wieght not so much an issue, less than 2kg
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? Prefer Dell
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.) - Good screen to display pictures, reasonable storage space to store pictures, reliable
Mobile Laptop -

• What's your Budget? 40-50k
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? General office work, online browsing/email on the go
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? 13-15" screen, as light as possible, nothing smaller than 13"
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest?Prefer Dell
  • Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.) Easy to use, reliable
I need 2 seperate laptops, please don't say buy this 1L laptop and use it for both.

for this budget you can only get i3/Ryzen 3 laptops with 8GB DDR4 RAM and 512GB SSD
if you manage to extend budget might get a i5/Ryzen 5 instead

You can consider this for 42000
HP 15s Ryzen 3- 5300U- 8GB RAM/512GB SSD 15.6-inch (39.6cm) FHD - 1.69kg
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09R1MMMTH/

And/Or this

HP 15 AMD Ryzen 5 5500U 15.6 inch FHD Laptop 8GB RAM/512GB SSD - 1.69 kg 15s-eq2040AU for 58000

If you don't strictly need Windows, then get a Macbook Air M1 and call it a day.
The 42000 version is a 4 core processor, and no one in this day and age should have a 4 core processor for ANY laptop unless youre extremely cash strapped.

The reliance digital link is a bit cheaper and is 14 inches so can be considered to be extremely mobile/portable

The 42000 version is a 4 core processor, and no one in this day and age should have a 4 core processor for ANY laptop unless youre extremely cash strapped.

That's a bit exaggerated. Processors these days are pretty damn powerful and most regular users (not gamers or video editors) don't use even half the power. Any quad core processor, even if it does only 4 threads, released within the last 3 years is good enough for the kind of usage OP has mentioned.

Look at this:
or

This processor is fairly similar to the i5, not significantly underpowered, and far better than 11th gen i3 (which a lot of people use). It's far better than the Ryzen 5 3500U, which I currently own. I mostly use it for coding related work and I have multiple browsers, Jupyter Notebook, Database, VS Code etc. running at the same time and runs butter smooth. And my laptop is 2 years old.

And do note that Ryzen 5300U is less power hungry than i5-11300H (25w Vs. 35w TDP), which means less heat and better battery life.

In fact, my primary driver these days is an Intel NUC with 7th gen i5, 2 cores 4 threads. I do the same work on this as well. And never face any hiccups.

People need to stop chasing performance unnecessarily and look for devices which suit their requirements. You might wanna watch this video by Linus Tech Tips:

Last edited:
For office:
DELL Inspiron i3 11th gen @45k
HP 15s Ryzen 3250U @43k

Mobile laptop:
Lenovo Ideapad Slim 3 @53k, 1.41kg
HP 14s @43k, 1.46kg
Realmebook @47k, 1.38kg

2 in 1 laptops might give better productivity.
Dell 2 in 1 @54k, 1.5kg

For office, any basic laptop with decent storage and 1080p display might work, but for Mobile, the weight and battery is also taken into consideration, as you will be travelling. Also, most of them come with MS Office, while some don't, so check it.

Back