CPU/Mobo Office PC !!!

andy_anu

Disciple
Hi People !!!
Thanks for all ur previous advise (Thread : Budget vs Gaming)... Lovin my current PC. :D
Well I am back for some more advise again ! :) I am planin to buy a another PC for my mom basically, just need it for basic office use.
I need da cheapest possible MBD+PRO+RAM+HDD+ROM combo.
Currently i am lookin at Sempron 2200+ n Gigabyte 7VM400RZ, u guys got nething else in mind... well i dont mind a mbd without onboard AGP (if its cheaper dan dis one) cause I already have a ol' GF4 lyin with me...
i also wanna know whether a 230W SMPS will sufice a 2200+ semprom, previously was usin dis SMPS with a p3.
Thanks again !
All help appriciated !!
:cool2: :)

It wud be difficult to get a 2200 sempron, 2400 wud be more widely available.
the folowing is the rig that i suggest:
cheapest rig possible

Amd 2200/2400 sempron-4k
Asrock cheapest AMD mobo-3k
128mb 266/333mhz-RS 700-800
40 gb hdd-2.3k
cabby(inbult ps)-1-1.2k
15" monitor-4k
cd rom drive-Rs 700
TOTAL:Rs 16000 (optical drive as per need)

ur old old ps shud better not be used as its very old
even the worst of PC's teday need 250-300W SMPS

andy_anu said:
Hey Hotstuff, ne idea as to which model no. or name of dis AsRock thing i shud go for ?

Its Asrock K7VM3
BTW,
a word of caution -
Do NOT buy the Gigabyte board,its made in India and its piece of crap.
Stay with Asrock or Asus ;)

Also I speak from first hand expereince, processor speed isnt importatnt but RAM is. get atleast 512 mb RAM they are dirth cheap anyways. 512mb is the least if you want to run an AV with a firewall, and I think for office purposes and especially with a not so geek user thats recommended.

Just wanted to add -
- Sempron 2200+ is about 2.5K
- Asus A7V400-MX is available for around 2.5K , would be a better choice than the Gigabyte which is manufactured by Digi-Giga india and also a better option than the Asrock.
- RAM shows a much more promising performing boost than CPU speed, so yeah 512MB would be just great .

As per your MBD+PRO+RAM+HDD+ROM :
Asus A7V400-MX - 2.5K
Sempron 2200+ - 2.5K
512MB DDR RAM - 2.1K
40GB HDD - 2.4K (You could consider an 80GB disk, its only marginally more expensive at 2.6K)
CD-ROM drive - 700
Total = 10,200 bucks

And no, it wouldnt really be worth it to use an old 230W SMPS. These days most SMPS's are part of your cabinet , and at the most add only 200-300 bucks to the total cost of the cabinet, so you're better off going for it.

what abt a celeron D 2.4 with asrock 845 chipset mobo which 3300 + 1900 respectively.

sold as many as 40 PC's with that combo to corporates for office use & they give satisfactory performance. even run photoshop 8 CS great with 256 RAM.

Well i recently started using AMD64 platforms & they are really great. I' w'd really like to compare the lower end sempron with the celeron D. there is not much review on that..
please see that im asking for a comparison. some people here have a habit of Start flaming the Post without reading it completely

the socket 754 semprons beat the celeron D at stock. however if u overclock then the celeron D's clock well and end up equalling overclocked semprons. the overclock is however dependant on other factors and shouldnt be considered.

the socket A semprons suggested here almost match the celeron D, but with overclocking the celeron's really take off. so, celeron = slightly costly but overclocks well when compared to socket A.

in an office environment i dont think u would be overclocking. so its good to stick with the semprons and save some money. try socket 754 if u can get them tho.

as for the motherboard for the sempron i would get a krypton (rebadged Biostar) for cheap. the m7vig retails for around 2000 and has a decent feature set. infact it even overclocks well..

just my thoughts. have fun.

Hi,u can as well go in for an Athlon64 2800+,atleast,it will not limit the system as the one based on Semprons. You consider this if u wish to:

AMD Athlon64 2800+

MSI K8N NEO PLATINUM

256MB DDR RAM @ 400Mhz.

Well,you can decide the rest of the peripherals :eek:hyeah:

And one more thing...do not opt for Asrock mobos...they were sued recently by Asus. Also,they dont perform well when compared to other brands and should be your last choice.

Back