Budget 21-30k Office use laptop

Hi friends,

I need to buy a laptop for work.

1. Office requirement >> Office technician told following requirements to be fulfilled to run the office softwares.

a. 32-bit core i3 processor or similar.

b. 32-bit Windows 7 Professional (original CD/Genuine)

2. What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.)

As cheap as possible (21K - 30K max).

3. What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps)

Medical Transcription work >>> Office work only, Microsoft word, office software based on Microsoft word, Audio players, some software dictionary books, etc.

4. What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between)

15.6" will be good, 14" will do. (big screen will be better). Weight does not matter. Basically, will be at one place for long time, some time have to take it with me if I go outstations. I already have office desktop, want to replace it with laptop.

5. Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell)Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)
1. Dell. 2. Leveno. Dell will be best to go.

Yesterday I purchased this vaio for my sister.

Its running second gen core i3 and 2 gb ram and 320 gb disk along with genuine 32 bit windows 7 home basic and 14 inch screen.
All usual stuff like webcam and all for 30750 over eBay.

Suggest same for you.

AFAIK, all the laptops now a days come with W7 64 bit instead of the 32 bit version. This may not seem much of an issue, but if you run some legacy software, it might be a hindrance.

Yesterday I purchased this vaio for my sister.

Its running second gen core i3 and 2 gb ram and 320 gb disk along with genuine 32 bit windows 7 home basic and 14 inch screen.
All usual stuff like webcam and all for 30750 over eBay.

Suggest same for you.

Model number of Sony vaio.??

Can we run 32-bit Windows 7 Professional on Dell Vostro 1540 Ci3/2 GB/500 GB/Linux

http://www.flipkart.com/dell-vostro...ZATA&ref=9b3c8a8c-790e-44d9-b0af-129b769f569b

On seeing processor specification of Intel-Core-i3-380M, it shows Instruction Set 64-bit

http://ark.intel.com/products/50178/Intel-Core-i3-380M-Processor-(3M-Cache-2_53-GHz)

Will it run 32-bit Windows 7?

Hi friends, I am getting locally in Chandigarh Dell Exclusive Store, following 2 models with following price quoted.

Dell Inspiron-15(5050)-E815, core i3(second gen processor), ram 2gb, DOS >>> Rs. 29,500

Dell Vostro 1540 core i3 (first gen processor), ram 2gb, DOS >>>> Rs. 27,000

Out of above 2 which will be better to go with for long term?

vivek.krishnan - you can run legacy software via Windows 7 XP mode using window's inbuilt xp mode program or via vmlite.

And everyone who has used it knows its better to run it without virtualisation for a better experience. Plus on an office laptop, keeping the system burdened lesser is more important.

Plus, I very much doubt if a guy working in an office will keep switching between 7 and XP mode :p

@OP Get the Inspiron. Ask the office tech to load it with W7 32bit if it comes with 64bit (If and only if 32 bit is needed).

HI, friends brought the Dell Inspiron at Rs 29500 +500 for Kingstron 2 gb ram, rejected the other gifts in place of ram, that is, headphone, wired cheap mouse, and cleaning kit. Ram he was telling of Rs. 800. told the sales to make it 30,000 with 2g gb additional ram= now system is having 4 gb ram with ubuntu os preinstalled by dell.

I am first time using laptop, so any more special precaution should be taken for dell laptop.

Back