Old CRT monitor with New High End CPU ??

newboss

Disciple
i am using 15' CRT 1999 model with resolution up to 1024pix max. can it be usable with intel i5 or athlon ? CPU configuration ??

My basic idea is to buy TV/Monitor later (after 6 months). .

suggestions welcomes from exports . . thanks in advance.

mod-the-pc said:
Yes, you definitely can. Make sure your new graphics card/mobo has VGA out and not just DVI/HDMI out.
Converters fTw^ !

-@ OP : If you are going to play with the CRT - then you might as well settle down with a not so bling-bling graphic card. - Or get a good LCD/LED -Full HD monitor.

newboss said:
i am using 15' CRT 1999 model with resolution up to 1024pix max. can it be usable with intel i5 or athlon ? CPU configuration ??

My basic idea is to buy TV/Monitor later (after 6 months). .

suggestions welcomes from exports . . thanks in advance.
I have similar plans like you.

I'm using a GTX 460 1GB with a 17 incher at 1280x960. The experience has been pretty good while gaming if you ask me. But then again, 15 inch is a tad too small I reckon.

No you won't face any problem.

However, if you plan to game on it then remember to active "v-sync" in the game menus.

i would suggest you to buy a new hd monitor first and then buy a new gpu 6 months later

i had the same doubt some months ago and i bought a new lcd

I feel its a perfectly ok compromise to use a old CRT with a new cpu config if you are on a budget.

I too did it way back when i upgraded my B&W monitor to a 17"incher later but upped the CPU from an Pentium II To a Athlon first.

You will appreciate the new monitor even more after using it briefly with ur old setup.

Like mod-the-pc quoted ensure the vga connector is present in your graphics card.

Back